“Great lunch with BYOB”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I've eaten at Chow Bistro at least six times. The food is consistently very good. Love the mushroom soup, chicken caprese with zucchini noodles and roasted cherry tomatoes, pot roast with a flavorful beef gravy and mash potatoes, and the seafood risotto. My family thinks the calamari appetizer is the best they ever had. The restaurant is a little noisy and it's on the small side. Always delicious food but menu needs to change more with the seasons.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I've been here a few times for family dinners. The staff is always very nice and they have a nice selection. This is one of the gems of Collegeville. The food is surprisingly good, but at the same time everything seems doused in oils. So delicious, but very rich and at times cloying. I would chose other restaurants over Chow, but I'm happy to go if my other family members want to eat here.

1  Thank nualaloula
Reviewed 23 June 2016

i have eaten here twice, because other family members like the menu, and my daughter wants to support a local business person...However, while the food was really delicious, both times the staff was standing around discussing company policies and restaurant rules and strategies, while I was waiting for one of them to take my order. It is one big room and they should discuss those things out of my hearing. I also felt the dining area was a DYI project on the cheap but they wanted to charge me prices of a prime restaurant...I was pleased with the good quality but they are lacking in wait-staff training and the decor...I gave it two tries and truly will attempt to discourage my
family from another time.

1  Thank ellenz2012
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Housed in an architectural classic college town home, CHOW is a welcome addition to this suburban community. It's BYOB and cozy inside with tight seating when fully booked and on the noisy side making conversation difficult at times. But don't let this keep you from dining here because the food is outstanding. The former Chef from "The Black Black Lab" in Phoenixville is in the kitchen and needless to say he is performing magic with his dishes. Each dish that my wife & I along with our dining companions asked for came to our table perfectly prepared as ordered and beautifully plated. My wife's Chicken Caprese was excellent as was my bowl of Corn Chowder & Spaghetti & Clams. Our dining companions each ordered the salmon special. Though it was an extremely busy Saturday evening, our dishes arrived in a timely manner, perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. Our server, pleasant and helpful, made the the entire experience delightful.

1  Thank mgkmarkr
Reviewed 19 June 2016

I have eaten at Chow many times and really enjoy their food. I visited again last night and again had a delicious dinner.
However, we ordered two appetizers, one being the almond crusted brie. It was tasty but was under cooked. Not only was the brie not melted, but it was actually cold in spots. There is no excuse for that, especially at their prices.
I had the lamb which was spot on wonderful. One of my friends had the seafood combo most of which was great, but the mahi mahi was dry. Our other friend had the porcini crusted filet which was great.
Service started a bit slow which was a concern since we were told when we made the reservation that they would need the table in two hours. I've never had that happen before.
Their prices seem to have gone up but for what you get the prices are not bad.