“Yummy!”

Thai Basil Bistro
Ranked #21 of 69 Restaurants in Collegeville
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The food is yummy - really good Thai food! You can get it as spicy or not as you like. Servers are friendly and it is a byo!

Reviewed 9 February 2018

This is one of the better Thai restaurants you can around Philly's Western Suburbs. Lunch Special ($11.95) consist of an appetizer, soup and an entree with multiple selections.
Buddha's Delight has a moist filling with crispy skin (better fried than steamed). Tulip Dumpling is delicate and tasty. Chicken Satay with a generous slab of well seasoned meat on a skewer.
Tom Yum Soup has the perfect sweet, sour, slightly spicy with a touch of lime. We tried both Shrimp & Chicken. Ravioli Soup is more like a great broth from a typical chicken noodle soup.
Main entree, we tried Thai Basil, Drunken Noodle and Green Curry. All three are outstanding versions of Thai cuisine. Drunken Noodle has the smoky smell and taste with perfectly cooked flat noodles. Thai Basil is well seasoned with traditional basil sauce, although not as spicy as i thought. Green Curry is creamy with balanced curry flavor, mildly spicy.
Thai Iced Tea is good accompaniment to all dishes. I will definitely be coming back.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We've been meaning to try this place for months, but tonight we dropped in after the American Birding Assoc. Expo at the Oaks Expo Center. Our first question was, "Do you have Thai Iced Tea?" When the answer was yes, we settled in for a lovely dinner. We started by sharing a plate of Tulip Dumplings. Oh my goodness, yum! Our soup arriv ed steaming hot and crazy good. I had Tom Kai Goong; outstanding. My partner had Tom Yum Goong; good, but he liked mine better. We ordered the same entree; Masaman Curry with Shrimp. I LOVED mine. My partner hoped for a little more spice, but he hadn't read the menu carefully where it clearly stated "mild." Still, I noticed he didn't leave anything on his plate. Next time we will leave room for dessert, maybe bananas in blankets or sticky rice with mango, it homemade ice cream.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I very rarely eat Thai food, but was willing to give it a chance. I was pleasantly surprised with the flavors. The chicken Pad Thai is great. To top it off, you've got to have the homemade ice cream. This is the perfect ice cream taste and texture.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Wife, myself, and brother-in-law enjoyed dinner here on a Thursday evening, about 7:30 pm. We called ahead for reservation, and were told it would be a quiet evening, so just 'come on'. We were greeted warmly, and seated in a quiet spot. The table was already set for the 3 of us; there were fresh flowers on the table; and our BYOB of Vouvray was promptly opened and chilled for us.
The surprise was the high quality of the food. We each had different entrees, and ALL were very fresh, bursting with flavor, and artistic in presentation. I honestly can't recall enjoying better Thai food than we had here. And, to reinforce our pleasant experience, we shared two home-made ice cream desserts… coconut, and mango. Both were so intense with flavor, it was like biting into the fruit… Wow.

Just go, you won't be disappointed. In fact, you, too, will be pleasantly surprised.

If we were local, this would be a frequent spot us. Alas, we're from Richmond, VA, so it may be awhile before we return. :)