“"Great place for our Wedding Night!!!"”

Nichols Village Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Clarks Summit
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Wanted the storybook wedding we had always dreamed of, so our Reception was held at Nichols Village, which had a few "quirks" but generally was fantastic as we hoped. We had the most beautiful room, spacious jacuzzi for 2,comfortable King bed, & Wide screen TV. They have done a lot of recent updating, including a spa on premise. The hotel provides a hot breakfast in the morning which we enjoyed with friends & family who also stayed overnite. This hotel provides a nice indoor pool to relax, & I believe the convenience to shopping, a wide variety of restaurants in the area, & ski area is a plus. Fantastic choice for us & can't wait for a quick get away to consider Nichols again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
gmnicholsvillage, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Congratulations on your wedding. I am glad we were able to join in your celebration and help make it memorable. Our entire team looks forward to seeing you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Nichols Village Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Came to Scranton to tour the University of Scranton and booked a room through Priceline. I assumed I would have gotten a room in the Hilton or Radisson and at first was a little upset with what they gave us. Nichols Village was a great find one that I probably wouldn't have found myself! Rooms were modern, sleek and clean! Beds were ultra comfy and staff all were extremely pleasant!
This hotel was so convenient to Scranton and the surrounding areas. Great restaurants, we actually went to the next town Dickson(4 minutes away) and went to the movies. Went for a couple of drinks in the restaurant next door and it was very relaxing and upscale. Would come back again even if I didn't get that great rate from priceline!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
gmnicholsvillage, Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thank you for your kind remarks. Our entire team is proud of our hotel and enjoys taking care of our guests as family. If your son or daughter chooses The University of Scranton I am sure they will have a great educational experience. It is a great school. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

The short:
-bloodstain on the wall of our room
-stains on the blanket of one of the beds
-stains on the sheet of the other bed
-hair in the shower
The long:
This hotel could be a nice, quaint hotel. It's kind of pretty, the room, minus the dirt, was nice and a good size, and the staff was nice. But frankly, I was grossed out.
The hotel is easy to find, check-in was easy. The room looked nice, but upon closer inspection, well, see above. I cleaned the bloodstain off myself and then went downstairs to tell the front desk about the stains on the bedding. They apologized, and were happy to accomodate getting new bedding. But, surprisingly, rather than just change all of the bedding, they told me they just changed the blanket and sheet with the stains. I guess that's economical, but to make a guest feel better, it would have been nice to change everything.
The pool was nice - slightly heated...though the room the pool was in was not, and when my toddler and I got out we were FREEZING!
Back in the room to shower after the pool...and there was the hair in the shower. YUCK! I just took a rag and scooped it up and threw it in a corner...and begged my kid not to touch anything!
We ate at the restaurant on-site, a pretty good Italian place, though a little pricey.
Breakfast is included...but it consists of mainly cold food...the hot food was mushy sausage and pancakes, though they did have a Belgian waffle maker. The breakfast room was a little small.
Again, staff was nice, and had the place been cleaner I would recommend it. I met another family in the pool area who told me that they had had to switch their room because the first room they went into was too dirty. I have to say, one of the dirtiest hotels I've ever stayed in. Clean up, Nicols, you have potential!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

I am very sorry for your experience during your visit. We certainly did not live up to our norm with your room. I have shared your comments with our entire team and everyone is upset for your experience. We hope you will give us a second chance to show you that this experience is not the norm.

Reviewed 4 November 2011

We stayed at Nichols Village on Oct 29 (nor'easter day) and had a great time. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Big shout out to Chris who took time out from shoveling to bring us some wine. The spa was awesome- highly recommend the hot stone massage. The restaurant was surprisingly good. Most hotel restaurants are questionable at best- the food here seemed fresh and creative. The rooms were clean and spacious. The pool and Jacuzzi were both well taken care of....The only issue we had was getting stuck on the same floor as a wedding party who decided to have a 30 person drunk fest in the hallway, right outside our door. Back in the day we would have definitely joined in but we were here to relax- a little get away from kids and pets. We called the front desk and they handled the problem quickly and efficiently. The only thing I would suggest is to maybe look at where you place your guests on the campus. Putting a couple on the same floor as an entire 25-30 wedding party is probably a mistake.....Thanks for a great time

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
gmnicholsvillage, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Thank you for your comments. We are very proud of our Hotel, Restaurant and Spa. I agree that the stone massage is nice way to unwind and the Chef at the Restaurant prepares some great dishes that I am glad you enjoyed. I am sorry your were disturbed by the other guests but glad to hear our team was able to resolve the situation timely. We hope to see you again in the future and we will try to ensure you are not near a large group.

Matthew Capwell, GM

Reviewed 9 September 2011

This was our 4th time staying at Nichols Village and it was as enjoyable and relaxing as always. Lisa at the front desk was so sweet and helpful- she put us in a room with a jacuzzi tub which our little guys loved! The hotel is quiet and tastefully decorated in soothing tones. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is a nice addition. The kids love the pool and the grounds are lovely. Its a great place to stop and relax in the middle of a long trip. The service is always top notch. Very friendly staff. Im sure we will return.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank lovevacationOH
gmnicholsvillage, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2011

Thank you for your kind remarks. I will share them with the entire staff. They all take great pride in the service they provide.

Matthew Capwell, GM

Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton
9.0 km away
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center

Been to Nichols Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!