“We were the only table in the place!”

The New Cafe at Greystone Gardens
Reserve with OpenTable
The New Cafe at Greystone Gardens is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 62 Restaurants in Clarks Summit
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Had a girls night out dinner there this summer. Food was good, a little pricey. I would go back again.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We stopped by this restaurant while in Clark Summit. The food was incredible! The hummus was fantastic. We had a sampler of a number of mediterranean dishes and each one was so fresh and flavorful. The desserts were made in house and were likewise awesome. Service was great as well. Prices were very reasonable for the quality of food. Kibbeh and meat pies were fantastic and made in house.

This place is so out of the way, but worth finding. It also has an indoor restaurant when the weather is not conducive to eating on the porch.

I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

My first visit, never had the opportunity when the restaurant was located in downtown Scranton, but glad it moved to the suburbs (although the restaurant may be difficult to find for those not familiar with the area, but I am sure a GPS would have no trouble). Ate lunch with a friend, a nice leisurely paced meal of Delicious , not-your-ordinary-menu items, e.g., very tasty looks-made-from-scratch vegan entrees, very good desserts, excellent service, ate outside on sunny August day (no shade high noon despite table umbrella, but there are inside tables). Could not find anything to complain about, the whole experience was positive. Pricey menu items but the value is there if you are in the mood for some really great, novel, tasty and healthy food you cannot find anywhere else around these parts).

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Monthly luncheons with friends are enlightening me regarding the many good and not so good restaurants in the Scranton area. My experience here could have been better if I didn't feel as though I had overstayed my visit. My friends and I were there for about two hours and were not holding up table space. I felt a sense of need to hurry from the start. The menu is limited but tasty. We ordered dessert which consisted of 4 small cookies for $7.00. The coffee was served as a half cup and we weren't offered a second cup. Two of us requested more and were given a fresh cup. I was afraid we would be charged for a second cup but we're not, possibly because we already had our bill. As we sat talking over coffee, a man working in the restaurant stood nearby watching our table as if to say, "you can leave now." It was an uncomfortable feeling, to say the least. There are too many places in the area where we are made to feel welcomed. We won't be returning to this one.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

If you're not from the area, finding the New Cafe can be almost as challenging a finding a parking spot on a busy night........ but it's worth the effort many times over.

Our evening started off with a misplaced reservation, no immediately available table, and me spilling a fresh glass of wine! But our waitress was a gem, the bartender hit me with some great zingers, and the food was fantastic. We live in the Washington DC area, so every conceivable ethnic food is available to us and we're not easily impressed, but the chef nailed it from the appetizer to the desert. We wound up closing the place down, with everyone greatly satisfied by the entire experience.

We'll be back.