All reviews queen suite front desk hot tub recently stayed here turkey sausage highway side visit family free breakfast room was spotless breakfast bar very nice hotel indoor pool night stay stayed here for one night breakfast staff easy access breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Made reservation on Holiday Inn (IHG) app. Check in was flawless. Room was nicely appointed. Although on the highway side no road noise was heard. Great bed. Shower functioned well-plenty of pressure and hot water. Microwave and minifridge were nice amenities as was the single serve coffee. Breakfast offered variety of pastry. Vegetarian omelette, bacon, Turkey sausage, etc. Breakfast host was very pleasant. Check out was just as flawless. All staff were professional in appearance and attitude.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
KathyR2448, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Thank you so much for the great review! We are glad that you enjoyed our many amenities and breakfast choices as well. Look forward to seeing you again should you be this way in the future.
Best regards,
Kathy

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. Other than an initial mishap with how the room was booked, they upgraded us to a 2 queen suite. Check in was the fastest I had ever experienced which was great and the front desk staff were very nice. Hotel is nice, clean and there is always a staff member cleaning somewhere! Room was spotless and professionally cleaned. Hotel is quiet, considering it is literally right off the highway. Free breakfast was good; make your own pancakes, cheese omelets, bacon, assorted muffins, breads, cereals, juices, coffee, etc. We spent most of one day exploring Gettysburg, which is about 40 min from here. We will certainly consider this hotel next time we come back to visit family.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2018

We recently stayed here while traveling on vacation. We called to let them know we would be arriving late and they said it would be no problem, Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good and had a number of choices to choose from. The staff were all very nice.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2018

This is one of the newer hotels in the area. The Holiday Inn Express has better hot breakfast foods that won't disappoint. I stayed for business for 10+ days and was quite satisfied. The hotel is located right next to an Outlet mall (this is mall is not so big) that is walking distance.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2018

I was heading to NC from NY on Sunday morning September 2nd. Just about noon time,my car was acting funny and was not changing gears (car is automatic)... I was able get off I-81 South off exit 14 and saw the Holiday Inn Express literally right off the exit. I was so grateful. I was on the phone AAA and long story short, was able to get a tow to a local garage, however, it being Sunday and a holiday weekend at that I wasn't able to have anyone look at it til Tuesday. When I walked into the lobby the concierge at the desk was hearing my conversation and my situation. I explained I needed a room but wasn't sure for how long. She got me a room and I was able to get it at a very reasonable price for my last minute situation. My stay ended up being 4 nights leaving on the 5th day. Unfortunately I had to replace my transmission, but the staff at this particular establishment from management to maintenance, to housekeeping were so friendly and incredibly courteous and helpful, I can not thank them all enough. I want to thank specifically Kathy the manager, Laken, Travis and the rest of the staff who helped me out and made my stay as though it were home. I have never heard of Chambersburg PA and did not know where I was exactly on the map, but they made a difficult situation one of the best experiences I have ever had. I know that when I do travel again to do some visiting of historic PA, the Holiday Inn Express at 1097 Wayne Avenue, Chambersburg PA will be the only place I will consider staying. Being from NY, you do not see that type of kindness and understanding. They all totally restored my faith in humanity. And to be honest and quite frank, I don't care that this is lengthy because they deserve every bit these accolades. SO, BRAVO HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS in CHAMBERSBURG PA. You killed it on hospitality and friendliness. THANKS A MILLION PLUS!!!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
KathyR2448, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

We are so glad that we could ease the difficulty of the situation that you were having to deal with. We hope all is now well and perhaps we will see you under better circumstances.
Best regards,