All reviews continental breakfast room was clean up to date anyone traveling military discount night stop parking lot the east coast small dog first floor place to eat room key off the highway comfortable place to stay a king size bed cleaning staff non smoking
Reviewed 6 October 2018

If your looking for a motel with a continental breakfast.. this one is not it. The breakfast has some bananas, cold cereal, quick microwave oatmeal. some yogurt.. that is about it.. Oh, toast.. The room was clean but had a musty or mildew aroma about it. The fridge in the room, took some getting used to.. but, it appears that brand makes noise, as we checked a few rooms before we accepted this one. TV worked fine. Free Wi-Fi was out for at least one evening. Park on the Denny's side for now as the back is flooded.. with pumping out of water. They said it is ground water being pumped out.. but no one else in the area seems to be doing the same. I would think after a week of dryness and pumping it would be slower.. but it was gusing out October 5th am

Room tip: First floor rooms are better and their is no elevator.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

I have been staying at Chambersburg because of my work often. I was so pleased with the staff and my room. Redroof inn Chambersburg is my new favorite hotel to stay. Employees yes was really helpful. had great food suggestion. I really liked Mario’s. Best Italian food. Only one thing can be improved is Lights in room. When I work I really like my room to be very bright.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank dseebrook
yasht169, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Hello dseebrook

We thank you for writing a review about your stay.

Our staff will be delighted to know how helpful they were to you.

We apologize for the lighting in your room, our staff will make sure this doesn't occur again.

We hope to see you again the near future.

Sincerely
Jesiel Ortega
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 21 September 2018

So we planned to stay there for a softball tournament. Should've known when we drove up and the parking lot was empty that it was not going to be good. We had reservations through Expedia. Walked in to the lobby and there was no one. No bell to ring, no one. Stood there for 10 minutes and nothing. Finally someone comes out of a room to get us checked in. Walked to our rooms and the hallway smelled like smoke, the room was worse. Some janitor was staring at us when we walked out, I mean staring, very creepy. We could not stay there, the smoke smell was so bad. Went to the lobby and stood there again. Finally someone shows up and we explained the situation. He told us there was nothing he could do we would have to wait for the manager, he had no idea when he would be back. We went back 3 times and still "no manager" - how convenient. I tried to deal with it over the phone with Corporate Red Roof, they told me I had to go through Expedia. Expedia tried to help but Red Roof said no refund. I had to call my the credit card company and put a stop on the charge. Ended up over at the Holiday Inn and they were awesome. Got a room even cheaper than Red Roof, thought they were totally booked up due to the tournament we still got a room and had a great time. Never again will I do Red Roof Inn.

Room tip: Don't stay at all!
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Team member, Ray, at this motel was very helpful. The quality of the bed and pillows could have been better. One of the most important things for me personally for a complimentary breakfast is half & half or liquid creamer for the coffee. Powdered creamer was a complete turnoff.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
yasht169, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Hello Judy F

We thank you for writing a review about your stay.

We're sorry to hear about the quality of your bed and pillows as well as the powdered creamer, we appreciate your feedback and will use such to better accommodate our guests.

We hope to see you next time in the near future

Sincerely
Jesiel Ortega
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

This place has to be the worst hotel stay I have ever experienced. Not only did the room have dirty "amenities" (such as the dirty pillows, towels, trays, ice buckets, and floor), but the front desk clerk would harass my darker skinned son (I have 3 children who were staying with me at the time, and they only harassed the two of us who had darker colored skin) and myself each time we came downstairs for any reason. The same clerk made a point of harassing me for different reasons concerning my pregnancy as well. This place is not worth the amount of harassment and poorly attended services it provides for their guests. I would suggest the Super 8 or Motel 6 if one was looking for the same priced hotels in this area.

Trip type: Travelled with family