“perfect for lunch”

Add it.
Main Street Deli
Ranked #86 of 177 Restaurants in Chambersburg
Cuisines: American
Description: This place is a "hidden gem" in downtown Chambersburg. The restaurant is an off-shoot of a catering business and provides great food at very reasonable prices. The staff is friendly, attentive and strives to please. Open for breakfast and lunch only Monday-Saturday this is a great place for a quick breafast or a leisurely lunch. The only negative (in my opinion) is that the “background music” is provided by a local radio station. Diners shouldn’t have to talk over some DJ or the local news. Perhaps background music without vocals would be more appropriate for a place like Main Street Deli.
Reviewed 15 February 2017

have been going to Main Street Deli for years, lots of good sandwiches that usually have a twist on an old favorite. The quiche is always good, as well as the soup!

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Had a fantastic lunch of chicken salad with pineapple and pecans on raisin bread! Interesting choices. People near me were raving about the soup. Nice friendly lunch spot right downtown. Great wait staff. Prompt service.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Try the crab soup, it's fantastic! And the Veggie Quesadilla with chicken! Love walking downtown afterwards!

Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

For once I did not look at Trip Advisor before going to this restaurant for lunch; big mistake! Food was some of the worst I have eaten. I ordered beef noodle soup which tasted like the meat came from a can; broth was greasy and tasteless. Gave it to my husband and he passed after one spoonful. Then tried a mushroom, tomato and basil quiche. Again, greasy and tasteless. My husband ordered a specialty turkey sandwich which was bland and did not have the ingredients listed on the menu. Needless to say we will not be back!

Reviewed 21 January 2016

I went there for lunch @ 12:15 while jury selection was on break. When we walked in there was no one thee-several other folks who were in court with us came in. It was cold in the room and I ate with my jacket on.
I ordered a veggie quesadea and it came out in a thick pita type bread. But I was most disappointed in the crab bisque. It's always been think and creamy and their signature offering-lets just say it wasn't any of those things.