“Great Italian food ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were traveling and decided to try this local Italian restaurant. Wonderful surprise. Bread was delicious. My husband had arrabiatta pasta which he loved. My chicken Marsala was served mixed in angel hair pasta and had a good flavor. The service was excellent.
The decor is a bit shop worn but the food and service was very good.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We went a hour and a half before closing time and it was during the week. It was me, my boyfriend and our two children. Inside the restaurant there was one other couple already their eating. I asked the waitress if we could sit at a bigger table not so close to the other couple. She informed me that the other tables were usually for “bigger parties” and they were going to close in a hour, and said this was the only seating were they were putting guests. Now this made no sense to me at all! I could see if it was a Friday or Saturday night and earlier in the evening BUT it wasnt! And our time there not a single person came in to eat! I felt very uncomfortable being so close to the other couple that was there eating. I have a 6 and 9 year old and they arent always the quietest. This is exactly why I wanted to sit somewhere else, so the couple could enjoy there dinner together! ALSO, our waitress definitely seemed like she was under the influence of something! She seemed very off at times! And finally, the food was terrible!! For it being an Italian restaurant it had NO flavor at all!! My youngest daughter ordered chicken strips and the chicken looked disgusting by just looking at it!! We were so disgusted we couldnt wait to leave!! Needless to say we wont ever be going back! Was not accommodating or kid friendly and food wasnt good at all!!

Date of visit: December 2017
2  Thank megzday
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Fresh tasting salads - I had chopped steak, associate had the turkey. Unique and yummy onion soup with tortellini - not the typical French onion. Fast friendly service over lunch in a relaxed and organized setting,

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 1 February 2018

I was up from Alabama and was in need of a good Italian dinner. I didn't get it here, sorry. My mom and I both said it could have been so much better. Maybe next time.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Don’t be fooled by the modest exterior and decor. This is authentic Italian cuisine with fresh ingredients and is lovingly homemade.
We came on the recommendation of the great staff at the Hampton Inn Chambersburg where we stopped en route to South Carolina. The restaurant is a 2 minute drive away.
I began with a fabulous crab bisque full of beans, peas, and real, fresh crab. Just delicious. My husband had the salad with a good vinaigrette but when the warm, fresh homemade rosemary bread came, we were won over. And so reasonably priced. What a find. Good beers on tap and my house Cabernet Sauvignon was just fine. I had the baked stuffed shells and my husband had the stuffed manicotti. We each chose the “”combination “ marinara and Alfredo sauce. Just wow! The service was warm, friendly and just right. We always like to support local restaurants and what a difference a good authentic meal can make. Can’t wait to return on our trip back home.

Date of visit: January 2018