“Just wanted to stop for a Donut and a Bio Break...”
Review of Donut Connection

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Donut Connection
Ranked #5 of 5 Bakeries in Carlisle
Reviewed 22 August 2017

No Public Restrooms...What!? No one around to take a Donut order either. I won't be stopping here again.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

I wish I had seen the reviews here before I decided to buy a much needed coffee today. I had concerns from the color of the contents of the cup but the foul liquid I tasted was so bad it didn't even taste like coffee. I can say with absolute honesty that I have never drunk anything so bad in my life. The best description I can give is that I can only imagine that this is what sucking a well used, stale dishcloth would taste like. The colleague I was traveling with concurred. Thankfully chewing gum was close at hand to relieve the misery.

The place was huge for a donut store but completely dead. After our experience it's easy to see why.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

When I was young I worked at Donut Connection in Ohio. Myself and everyone I knew loved them. A few years later they all closed down. Now close to 15 years later on a road trip I spot a Donut Connection! So I have to stop so my husband and kids can try. I go in, the man at the counter is amazingly nice. Everything is just like I remember. I pick out all of my old favorites! Later I get home and I try the first vanilla cream filled. There is only the tiniest speck of cream inside and the outside is horribly stale. I throw it away. The one the man said was filled with chocolate cream was white instead and the outside of this raised donut was horribly stale as well. So I move on the apple spice. The apple was horribly fermented and rancid tasting. The toasted coconut raised was stale as well along with every other raised donut I picked out. The cake donut covered in peanuts, looked and tastes like it was some sort of crumbs, not peanut at all. Then the old fashion sour cream which were one of my favorites were so stale it was basically inedible. I basically picked apart the entire dozen donuts trying them and wasted the money I paid for them and threw them all away. Absolutely aweful. I know it wasn't bright and early in the morning when they were first put out. But it was only mid afternoon. They should haven't tasted like 5 day old donuts, with either no filling or filling that had gone rancid.

1  Thank EricaFreedom
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

What a terrible experience. What a rude and impatient person. My vehicle was still running and he told me to get off his private property. He didn't know if I was going to eat there or ever ate there. Now I wouldn't stop there if I was starving. Hard to imagine he can stay in business after reading all the negative feedback or the franchise would let this continue. He took a picture of my plate and acted like he would report me. I hope he does , maybe he will be investigated.

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for pizza. The sign said Pizza, subs..and donuts....and the BEST coffee.

Well, the sign lied!

The place is creepy! Empty..should have been my first clue but had hungry kids in tow, so decided to stay. .. thought we would at least get good service since we were the only ones there.

The place is dirty. Have to ask for napkins. Holder was gross. Oregano container was filthy. Bathroom was not market and then was locked. Owner acted surprised but opened it for me. It was like a dirty gas station bathroom. The hand dryer is mounted about less than 3 feet from floor.. I had to squat down to dry my hands.

The owner went "next door" to ring up the credit card purchase... the best part was the pizza.

After disappearing in the back for about 15 minutes, out comes our pizza. Cutting into the pizza, it was immediately obvious that the dough was RAW... we sent it back. The owner was friendly and reheated. The pizza dough was still raw the 2nd time and now the cheese was almost burned.

It was an experience to say the least... I would avoid at all costs. Even the kids thought the place was creepy.

3  Thank gb-harrisburg