“Good food-large menu”

Route 11 Diner
Ranked #71 of 172 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We recently moved from ME to TN and stopped in Carlisle twice. Both times we ate at this diner. Large menu so there is a lot for everyone's taste. Good food, good servers, etc.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

From sandwiches to entrees, anything you may want they have. Food was good and served in a quick manner was a Friday night and we were served very quickly we always do at least 1 meal here on our Carlisle trips, and will continue to do so.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

I was traveling with my daughter. We are from the Philadelphia area and like ethnic foods. We wanted Indian food, but the reviews of this "diner" almost put us off. I'm glad we went anyway!

This restaurant serves great Indian food! We should have known when we noticed the Indian families eating there. The Tikka Masala and mixed vegetable curry were both delicious. We order medium which was sufficiently hot for us! So if you are concerned about how "spicy " the food is, order it mild.

The reviews we saw are obviously from people who are not adventuresome with different ethnic foods. I am sooooo glad there is good Indian food in Carlisle!!!

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Was really in the mood for steak. A good cut of rib-eye - nice price, cooked to Medium as ordered. The down side: The steak was almost white in colour. I can only guess it was fried on a griddle with lots of water to keep it moist. But the browning during cooking is where the true flavour comes from. Thus it didn't taste like a good cut of steak should have. Very bland and tasteless.

The onion rings were amazing. Potato skins very well done. Salad crisp and fresh.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

My food hasn't even arrived and I'm sitting under a speaker blaring profane hip hop as background music. I won't be back.

Been to Route 11 Diner? Share your experiences!