“Disappointing”
Review of Iron Skillet

Iron Skillet
Ranked #116 of 171 Restaurants in Carlisle
Reviewed 4 March 2018

This is a place primarily for truckers but the food wasn't that great. I was there for breakfast and expected more. The buffet was so unappetizing I ordered from the menu - eggs, sausage, and hash browns. The scrambled eggs were OK; the sausage was extremely greasy and swimming in grease on the plate; and the hash browns were not cooked all that well. Nearly $10 was way too much for what I got - especially in Carlisle. I was sorry I stayed and didn't look for something else. Won't make that mistake again. I'll go into town and go to Fay's Country Kitchen!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

I've probably had two breakfast visits and several dinner visits. The breakfast buffet is very good, dinner is OK, but not my thing. Always good service and I like listening to the "Non-politically correct" truckers.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

I was halfway through a long drive and stopped to stay overnight. Hoss's steak and seafood was closed as was McDonald's. Not being familiar with the area I saw the Iron Skillet and went there. It was a big mistake. Since it was late and I had not eaten I got the buffet. It was out of several items so I got some fruit and vegetables to start. The cantaloupe had an odd taste and the sliced seasoned potatoes were cold. I thought maybe it was like a potato salad and should be cold. Then I tasted the broccoli and it was like it just came out of the fridge. Fresh fried chicken came out and it was warm and good. Then bbq ribs were brought out. They were not warm and so hard my fork would not even go in. The women at the booth in front of me sent her steak back and the manager charged her for the salad bar. I didn't even ask for I refund but did tell the waitress that the buffet was cold. If the health department inspected them they would not pass. If you are brave enough to go here order off the menu so your food may at least be warm.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Met husband and son there for our Christmas Dinner. We ate the buffet and it was very good and fresh. The bar was filled and the turkey was sliced on the thick side. Yumm. Service was very good too. Couldn't find anything wrong...at least our family was together for Christmas since they are truckers.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast. Didn’t get the buffet decided to get something off the menu today. I had the ham and eggs. They tasted amazing. The service was great and everyone was friendly. Will defiantly be back.