All reviews cracker barrel choice hotel chain room was clean indoor pool nice pillows well run hotel waffles close to downtown welcome center room door breakfast was included hot water off the highway home away from home front desk clerk fitness center car show
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Nice Hotel. Friendly staff. This hotel is a good deal for the price. The hallway carpets could use a little cleaning but the rooms a clean and fresh. Nicely taken care of property. Breakfast of eggs yogurt ceareal waffles... pretty typical hotel food. Quiet rooms. Great location if you’re heading to a Carlisle Fairgrounds event. Very close easy drive to the fairgrounds.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
GMPA547, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Manmountain6,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We are currently in the process of transitioning our remodeling efforts to focus on the inside. The exterior is just about finished and next will be the hallway carpet and walls. We look forward to your return so that you can see what we have done with the place!

We hope to see you again soon!

Sleep Inn Carlisle

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We had a block of rooms here for my sister’s wedding and it was a disaster.

Here are the highlights:

1. Sleep Inn management tells my sister that they will provide a shuttle to transport our guests between the Sleep Inn and the wedding venue.

2. Several months of sporadically returned phone calls and emails during which the room block is finalized and the shuttle remains vague.

3. Three days before the wedding, we are told that the manager who offered us a shuttle has been replaced and also he was just lying in order to get our business. We’re told that that Sleep Inn never provides shuttles, they can do nothing to help us, and they don’t even know of any shuttle companies in the area.

4. We put large amounts of time & money into finding a last minute shuttle to replace the one that the Sleep Inn had promised us. I call the Sleep Inn to let them know we have solved the problem they created and arrange to leave flyers with shuttle information at the front desk for our guests.

5. THE DAY OF THE WEDDING

I am supposed to be helping my sister put her wedding veil on when I start getting phone calls from our guests at the Sleep Inn Carlisle saying that “the mean lady at the front desk” is yelling at people who ask about the shuttle, telling everyone that the flyers I had printed up are wrong and that there’s no shuttle.

I have to step away from my sister’s wedding to call the Sleep Inn Carlisle, at which point I also get yelled by the lady at the front desk. I keep saying that I only have a minute because I’m in the middle of a wedding, I try to say “please stop telling my guests there is no shuttle” but I can’t get the words out because she won’t stop YELLING at me about why the confusion isn’t her fault - she’s blaming the manager, my flyers, everything.

I ask another bridesmaid to help my sister get dressed for her wedding and step away to focus on the phone call. Every time I try to get the words “please stop telling my guests there is no shuttle” out, I’m drowned out by shouts about how it’s all my fault. Finally I have no choice but to yell back, shouting the shuttle schedule into the phone and then hanging up.

Thankfully, my cousins were staying at the Sleep Inn Carlisle and they were able to round up the other guests and tell them to ignore the hotel staff and get everyone on the shuttle in time for the wedding.

The front desk employee was unpleasant and unprofessional but the real problem here is poor management...or total lack of management, from what I can tell. There is clearly no communication between the front desk and management at all. They kept blaming things on each other and neither one seemed to know the others’ schedule.

After this experience, you can rest assured that I will never be patronizing a Sleep Inn again in any capacity. I recommend you avoid them as well.

Stayed: July 2018
GMPA547, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear UnpackYourAdjs,

I do apologize for the issues you mentioned above. I was not made aware of any of these issues by your group while they were here, nor did I hear anything from the front desk about the issues you've stated. I know when we spoke last, you had mentioned the former ownership company of this property had offered the shuttle service. When I call and asked them about this they said in fact that was not the case. I returned to the contract to see what was stated on there and in fact there was no mention on that either. A few days before you were set to arrive, we did touch base in regards to the shuttle situation. At that time you mentioned you had found a service and you would be dropping off flyers at the desk so the 5 rooms under your party that were staying with us would have a driving service take them to and from the wedding. I did not think anything further of this until this point in time. I was told the flyers were on the desk and everything was good to go as of Friday night. I do apologize for the interaction with the front desk staff as we typically receive glowing reviews about our staff. I will certainly speak with them regarding this review to see exactly what happened that day.

Sleep Inn Carlisle

Reviewed 23 July 2018

This is one of the nicest Choice Hotel chain hotels we have stayed in. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was very pleasant.
The breakfast was the normal scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage (depending on the day), waffles, cereal, toast, English muffins, Danish and more. The woman taking care of the room was cleaning each table almost as soon as it was empty.
The common areas were small but well kept.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
GMPA547, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear JohnMcko,

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Great hotel with great location close to Gettysburg and Hershey. Only complaint was that the eggs and biscuits at breakfast were cold. But hotel itself was great! They were working on the roof and started early Saturday morning. Luckily, we were leaving for the day.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Brian S, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Jennifer,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We are working on many items here at the hotel in a hopes to have them finished before the end of the year. We are excited to have guest back to see what we have done!

We hope to see you again soon!

Sleep Inn Carlisle, Pa

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Even though I live only one hour from here, with a late-night event on Friday and a continuation at 8:30 Saturday morning, I decided to spend the night in Carlisle, PA. The staff at Sleep Inn were so very accommodating with my 10:30 PM reservation. The room was updated, "spic and span" clean, and so comfortable, including everything I needed for a good nights sleep and an early morning! I did not have time to enjoy the pool, which was open until 11 PM, and even though the full breakfast looked yummy, I had to slip out with a delicious cup of coffee to go to get to my meeting on time. And all this at a very reasonable rate! I highly recommend this place! The only negative I found is that the light switches are not accessible from the bed, which meant I had to turn off the the light before crawling into bed.

Stayed: July 2018
GMPA547, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Gracen50833,