All reviewscracker barrelchoice hotel chainroom was cleanindoor poolnice pillowswell run hotelwafflesclose to downtownwelcome centerroom doorbreakfast was includedhot wateroff the highwayhome away from homefront desk clerkfitness centercar show
Reviewed 21 July 2017

As a professional Motorcoach Operator, I spend alot of time on the road and frequent many hotels across America. This is my second time at Sleep Inn, Carlisle and with my bus broke down, I've been here 4 days. The staff have been magnificent!!! A special shout out to Terry in Housekeeping who went out of her way to make sure my extended stay was comfortable with extra towels, etc. Great customer service!!! Nice, comfortable room, clean facility, quiet room, convenient to local venues (Walmart, Cracker Barrel, Staples & lots more). The hot breakfast is good, but could be made better with a little variety-change it up day-to-day. Overall, a very well run hotel and a great place to stay. I have it permanently flagged on my GPS as a "layover" spot.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are on front side of hotel, away from I-81.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Brian W, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Our staff works very hard to make each guest comfortable at this home away from home. We hope to see you again on your next stay in Carlisle.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We always stay at Hampton Inns or other Hilton properties. We had no choice but to stay at this Sleep as there was a car show in Carlisle the weekend we were there. The location is close to downtown (2-3 minutes) which was very nice. Our room was very clean and the staff was pleasant. The breakfast was not up to the standards of Hampton Inn, but was OK. The hallway carpeting was in dire need of good cleaning or a complete replacement. Many, many spills and stains.That is inexcusable. Overall an average stay, otherwise. We would not stay here again unless there was a makeover of the hallways.

Stayed: July 2017
Brian W, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad you found our staff friendly and the room clean. The hallway carpet is definitely in our plans for replacement. We are a high traffic hotel and it wore out sooner than we thought it would.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times. Each time I have requested a smoke free room. Apparently a few months ago the facility went smoke free. When we opened the door to our room the odor could knock you over. They have made the rooms "smoke free" without taking into consideration that years of smoking with wallpaper (woven at that) and carpet absorb those odors. We did inform the night clerk. We were informed the room was designated smoke free. Fortunately I had essential oils to get through the night . This has always been a good place to stay in the past.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry your room still smelled like smoke. Our housekeepers worked very hard over a few weeks to rid our smoking rooms of smoke smell. I do believe we have had people smoke in them since we made them smoke free, as they did not have a smoke smell when we finished them. I hope you will stay with us again and ask for a room on the 1st or 2nd floor.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We stayed here for one night, mainly booked this hotel based on price, free breakfast and pool. Indoor pool was chilly, gym had the most ancient treadmills I had ever used, they don't record your time or distance! Breakfast was good, 24 hour coffee available. Room was clean, updated, plenty of towels. Felt safe. Quiet. Nice people at the front desk.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay at the end of the hallway, saw weird people coming in the door down there
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Brian W, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us. I"m glad you enjoyed the staff at the Front Desk. I'm also glad you enjoyed our breakfast in the morning. We hope to see you again when you travel through Carlisle again.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We came to Carlisle to visit our son and daughter-in-law for the weekend, and spent two nights at the Sleep Inn. The first impression was of disappointment, as we discovered our room door would not lock. But, the repairman arrived in moments and quickly fixed the problem (by replacing batteries).
Breakfast was basic but fine, and most everything was done correctly. The bed was comfortable, the temperature correct without a noisy wall unit making it so. The price was rather steep, but Carlisle is a busy place and this was a busy weekend there with a graduation and a car show. So, the Sleep Inn served our purposes.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad our team could help you with your door problem and you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We hope to see you again when your travels come through Carlisle again.