All reviews cracker barrel choice hotel chain room was clean indoor pool nice pillows well run hotel waffles close to downtown welcome center room door breakfast was included hot water off the highway home away from home front desk clerk fitness center car show
Reviewed 26 April 2017

i was not sure how the night was gonna go considering Sleep Inn is not a name brand such as Hampton or holiday inn but I was wowed by the amount of professionalism that was located in this hotel! As soon as we got in the door, the front desk clerk greeted us and was very kind. The beds were incredibly soft, the rooms were clean. All of that is great except the thing that most struck me was the fact that we missed breakfast and it was totally our fault and they set everything up for us again! For ONE customer...they obviously care! This is a must-stop hotel and I DEFINITELY recommend it to anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced, nice, clean hotel!

Room Tip: The A/C is a little weird but mostly the rooms on the second floor have little to no noise.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we don't want anyone to miss it. I just wanted to let you know though, Sleep Inn is a name brand hotel. It is part of the Choice Hotels family and are located across the United States. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Carlisle.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night during our travels as it was close to a restaurant we were at. Originally we were told $170.00 plus tax for one night but when we were a bit eh about such a high price we were told it coupd be worked on. Ended getting a room for one nght at $106.00 plus tax. Non smoking section, teo double beds. Upon entering the room you could see the floors really hadnt been vaccumed in a while, food and dust along borders. We have a toddler so usually drag the mattress on the floor as she sleeps with us... when we went to do so there was what looked like dried blood on the sheet of the box spring. Possibly from bed bugs... we were so grossed out we left. Its possible it was from something else but not sure what? And if linens are chamged regularly it wouldnt have been there .

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Thank you for visiting us. I'm sorry your room did not live up to our normal standards. Depending on when you stay our prices due increase during specials events. If you could please contact me so I can find out what room this is so it can be taken care of since I have no record of this issue.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Seems like our room had recently been remodeled. It was fine except the noise from the highway. If you book here, ask for a room on the other side of the hall. We did not try the breakfast, but it looked adequate. Staff friendly enough.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side of the highway if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Brian W, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry the noise from the highway took away from your stay with us. Next time please ask for a room on the other side of the hotel and we will do our best to accommodate you. We hope to see you again soon.

Brian Watts

Reviewed 12 April 2017

It was my second time staying at the Sleep Inn Carlisle. I booked the room months ago for a weekend trip I had planned. I requested a room with 2 double beds and that's what I got. The room was very spacious and clean. It included a small table, desk, sofa, microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator. This establishment sits right off I-81 and it was very quiet. The bed was extremely comfortable - I'm assuming it was a pillow-top mattress. The pillows were also wonderful and my guess is they were feather pillows instead of the usual synthetic stuffing. The breakfast buffet included the usual fare - eggs, sausage, bagels, waffles, cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, juices. I especially like the 24/7 coffee (and hot water) machine in the lobby which is superior to the coffee made in the room. There's also a fitness center, guest laundry, and an indoor pool, none of which I used. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. A real plus - I was able to keep my bicycle in my room (I cleaned it before bringing it inside and kept it on a tarp in the room). I plan to return to the Carlisle next Spring and I will most definitely book my stay at the Sleep Inn Carlisle.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Brian W, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Carlisle. Our area is home to some incredible state parks with great trails for hiking and biking. We look forward to you staying with us again next year.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

My family and I stayed after Christmas until New Years Day. This hotel has been remodeled but it has been quite some time since these pictures were taken. There are stains on carpet in hallways and in our room. The shower stall is only enough for one person to fit, no tub so wouldn't be ideal if you child/ren doesn't like to shower. Shower is old and shows build up around the door. No dresser to place your clothes. This hotel does have a indoor pool, but it was not clean. It showed of algae on the bottom of the pool and around the edges. This hotel could have been a lot cleaner. Stay was ok for 2 nights.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2017

Thank you for staying with us. Our new maintenance staff is in the process of removing the stains from the hallway carpet. I'm sorry you did not find our showers roomy. We do not have a dresser because we found most people "live" out of their suitcase at our hotel. I hope you will come back and see us again if you are in the area.