See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Quite a large motel, in walking distance from the Zippo factory. The condition of the rooms is alright, given the price. I had some problems with the heating but nothing serious. I would stay here again if I was to make the same trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I was working in the area and booked a room here for a 2 week stay. The management was very accommodating and gave me a a great rate, a clean and comfortable room on the first floor with a decent Wi-Fi connection. It's an older motel maintained in fair condition and good for someone on a budget or that doesn't need to stay at the high end hotels. They are located just off the highway in a convenient location on the outskirts of town and not far from a variety of good places to eat. I would definitely return if I am working in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Oatnboatn
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This hotel is a great find in an area where hotels do not accept pets. Room furnishings were relatively new and clean and proprietors were friendly and ready to meet our needs. Coffee, juice, fruit and pastries were provided free of charge. A terrific bargain compared to other hotels in the area. We requested and reserved a first floor room near their green area to accommodate our Westies that were traveling with us and they had no problem meeting our needs. Look forward to a return visit when we are in the area.

Room Tip: First floor rooms in the 200's appear to be the most popular. Book and reserve ahead.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Joe V
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I stay at this place everytime I come home to McKean County and I've never had just dramatic problems as the previous reviews. It's out in the country area so you're far removed from drunkards bumbling around the town. It's safe. It's not elegant, or luxurious, but if you're paying $50-$70 bucks, you need to have relative expectations. The rooms are comfortable, all the amenities work, and they have been renovating for the past 18 months, and making some really nice improvements. I do recall furniture being at the end of the building during renovation, I think that's acceptable when your redoing all the rooms.

Reputation? Yeah, bad reputation from the previous owners, the new family took it over about 3 years ago I think. I had my reception there prior to the changeover, and was not impressed.
It's now owned by a very nice Pakistani family who seem to live on the premises, and have been welcoming to me even when I showed up at 2am and had to ring the bell to get them up despite what you may hear about "heavy accent" complaints. (which is really ridiculous to complain about.)
The bar is mostly locals, and about what you'd expect from a small town bar.

Mini golf on the property isn't great, but it's there. Batting cages are decent, and the driving range is good.

For the price you're paying this is the best in town(Athough we have to try out the America Best Value Inn, since that's been changed over). If you want modern and updated rooms, spend another $30/night and go downtown.

It's not the most wonderful place and they lock the doors late at night, which the only reason I deduct a point. For the rate they give, this is definitely deserving of a 4.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sydney A
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Do not even think about going to this roach motel! The staff is not pleasent, friendly, or helpful. The place was dirtier than a poop diaper & smelled the same. My husband & I were afraid we would contract a disease from sleeping there, so we shipped out fast! RUN, do not walk, RUN from this place!

Room Tip: Go to the Comfort Inn!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple