All reviews stayed here cinnamon rolls free breakfast eggs yogurt breakfast bar friends wedding room was clean water temp pancake machine microwave and coffee maker indoor pool cracker barrel stay there again first floor senior discount road trip
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed last night at the Holiday Inn Express in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania. It has a very easy on / off I-80 location. The greeting from the staff was excellent. Our room was excellent! Clean and organized! The staff was very friendly and very helpful, recommending restaurants and giving directions.
I highly recommend them if you are staying in the area!!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Donna G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We really appreciate your kind words! Our staff is very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us!

It is our hope that we have another opportunity in the future to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Compared to other nearby hotels, this hotel is more expensive, but since I am an IHG (and an Intercontinental Ambassador) member, I decided to treat myself and stay here for the Thanksgiving while visiting family. On the second day of a two-night stay, I left the room around 10 AM. When I returned around 9 PM, I found the bolt was open, such that the door would neither close nor lock. The room had been cleaned, but a dirty face towel was on the desk. Fearful as a female traveling alone would be, I immediately ran to the Front Desk (the room was on the first floor). The Front Desk apologized and remarked that this was unusual and strange. I told them I was freaked out and didn't even check my belongings to see if anything was missing. Even after expressing my fear and displeasure, the Front Desk did not offer to check the room with me, even after I had asked. I requested a new room, because I was worried that perhaps someone had de-coded the lock. Upon returning to the room, luckily, I found nothing was missing, but my room was LEFT OPEN FOR ANYONE TO GO IN, RIFLE THROUGH MY THINGS, OR WORSE, HIDDEN IN THE ROOM, WAITING TO ATTACK ME!!!

I stopped by the Front Desk again to say that nothing seemed to be missing. They noted that perhaps Housekeeping had left the door ajar with the idea of going back to do a final clean-up. I replied that it is NEVER a good idea to leave the door ajar of a guest room, leaving guests belongings unsecured or vulnerable to theft! As a female traveler, I found this to be a particularly frightening and disturbing event, and I would not stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Donna G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Brenda,

As per our earlier phone conversation; Our property has a zero tolerance for violating any safety procedure. As we discussed, this matter has been addressed in the strictest of manners and the staff retrained. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to resolve this matter with you.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I cannot say enough about the bed. Oh man so comfortable. You won’t want to get up. Rooms were very modern. Check out the window treatments. Love to have the same in my house Black our shade bathrooms were very sleek. Loved it all. Free breakfast too.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Donna G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Our staff is so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Holiday Inn Express in Bloomsburg, PA. It pleases us that you found the bed so comfortable, though we do how that did not cause you to miss any events you planned!

We appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts about about our property and our service. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you embark on a little getaway!

Donna G.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Rooms were awesome and great lighting in the bathrooms. You usually can't see in the bathrooms as the lights are so dim! This is a pleasant surprise. Breakfast in the morning was very good. Everything was spotless!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Donna G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear attoni,

I wanted to say thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express in Bloomsburg, PA and for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay.

We actually recently finished renovations on the entire property and we too are impressed with the additional lighting in the bathroom. The lighted mirror really does make a huge difference and we are pleased that you liked this feature!

Our staff and I hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

This was the second HIE we stayed during this trip - an overnight stay. HIE on the previous 7 nights were at different city in the Northeast. This one is quite new and very clean. Complimentary breakfast was the HIE standard - same everywhere, the omelette, bacon on the alternating day with sausage patties. They had cinnamon roll and pan cake making machine - the same model standard. Keurig coffee in the room was very nice but they could provide more than 3 pods. There was no drinking water in the room - I had to remind you that the tap water in the hotel was heavily chlorinated - not pleasant to drink. I often wondered, why couldn't they provide free drinking water for guests at the rate thes charged for their room. I hope management would pay attention to this - I had to buy drinking water from the vending machine - $2.50 a bottle. That is terrible!!!!

Room tip: Bring your drinking water - or have to buy expensive water from the vending machine.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 22 September 2017

Dear voravitr,

Thank for staying at our Holiday Inn Express located in Bloomsburg, PA! We appreciate the trust that you put in use to make your stay a comfortable one and we highly value your opinion of your experience with us. I can assure you, as part of the management team, we pay close attention to our guest feedback as this information, in part, is how we find areas that we can possibly improve on and to identify areas that we are doing well.

As you said, we do provide a water fountain near the lobby for our guests and we do offer outside vending options. I apologize that the water seemed heavily chlorinated during your stay. This is not something we typically hear so I will contact our local provider to see if I a cause can be determined. Thank you for bringing this concern to my attention.

It is my hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future when you are in our area.

Donna G.