“Sushi and Service Can't Be Beat”

Tako Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 166 Restaurants in Bensalem
Price range: USD 8 - USD 100
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 June 2016

Tako's parking lot always features a number of parked cars - and there's a good reason for that. Their Sushi, Hand Rolls, Hibachi and Asian Menu items are all delicious. On our most recent visit, my husband was in the mood for duck and ordered - to his delight - their Duck Roll (pancake-wrapped roast duck served w/ sweet miso sauce) followed by a "Tako Signature Entrée" Rose Duck Breast grilled & served w/ red wine sauce. I was equally happy with my choice of Crispy Soft Shell Crab as a starter followed by Hawaii Curry Shrimp. Both entrees included miso soup, house salad & sticky white rice. The service offered there is quietly attentive.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

I've eaten here a couple of times and have had take out from here. I've never been disappointed. The sushi is very good. My daughter who is a sushi fan thought it very good although a couple of her favorites were missing from the menu. Their shrimp udon is excellent. Last time, I had the udon soup with which I was very pleased. My biggest problem is to decide what to order. Best Asian food in Bensalem.

Reviewed 12 March 2016

Little known gem in a strip mall in Bensalem! Creative sushi and good service have made it a pleasant dining experience. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 23 February 2016

Tako is one of our favorite restaurants. The service is excellent and the food is fresh, well prepared and very tasty. The sushi is the best around. Highly recommend you give this a try. We eat here about once a month.

Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

My dad, his friend and I chose to go here to try a local restaurant instead of the numerous chains that line Street Road. I must say, the reviews here and on Yelp helped guide us, but we're happy we went. For vegetarians, there are 8 different types of Maki - including Mango Maki, which I had for the first time. They also have other Asian options for non sushi eating friends - such as Pad Thai and other items. I decided also to go for the vegetable gyoza lemongrass soup, which was AMAZING. When we come back in March, I'll take my wife and son.