“Tried giving them a chance several times...”

The Green Harvest Company
Ranked #28 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 1 April 2017

I used to love the food at Green Harvest and enjoyed going there for lunch on several occasions. Unfortunately, it has gone downhill for quite a while now. I know there can be "off" days in a business and gave it a few more chances. Today's lunch was my breaking point and the last time I will give them a chance. Myself and another person dined over lunch (arriving about 12:10.) There were 2-3 other tables there while we were. I noticed one of the other patrons complaining to the server about an ingredient she specifically asked not to have with her food. We waited an obscenely long time and thought maybe our soup would be brought out first while our sandwiches were being made. No such luck. We even asked and were told they would be out shortly, which didn't happen. Once everything was brought out, the other person dining with me received a remnant of a sandwich (not even half) that was squished flat. The ingredients did not match the description on the menu and it came with THREE chips on the side. That is by no stretch an exaggeration...it was literally 3 chips. I questioned the server about the lack of sandwich and chips and "wrong" ingredients on the sandwich. She went back and said that is how it's made. I requested that they bring back a WHOLE sandwich and kindly put a few more chips with it. No such luck on the chips- came back with 3 on there and she wasn't able to put anymore on there. The sandwich turned out to be good. When eating my wrap, I bit into something very hard that nearly cracked my tooth. It actually looked just like a tooth when I pulled it out and the server said it was some kind of nut. It was the only "nut" on the wrap and I could not bite through it, so pretty sure it wasn't a nut. No offer to comp part of our meals or drink. (Not sure why I thought this was possible after receiving 3 chips and not being "allowed" to have more.) Definitely will not return, which is sad because I used to love this place.

Reviewed 14 January 2017

We stopped in for breakfast on our last day in the area. I ordered the chocolate peppermint mocha which was prepared perfectly and had just the right amount of chocolate and mint added. I also ordered the blueberry multigrain pancakes which was fabulous. The pancake was perfectly cooked with just the right amount of crispness to the edges. The staff is friendly and they take the time to prepare everything to order. It's a rustic quaint place and we enjoyed it very much.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

The Green Harvest is a nice touch in Downtown Bedford but over the past year I have noticed it slipping. We dined for lunch a month ago. You walk in the door and a server hollers from across the room to take a seat anywhere you like. You chose your seat and the server comes over, doesn't say her name and says the specials are listed in the menu rather than verbally telling you to make them appealing or up-sell. We ordered 2 paninis and hot tea. The hot tea bar was not appealing. You take your cup of hot water to a small counter and the display is very disappointing. There was no care taken to it and just looked messy. Also, I don't think it's a good idea for a guest to have to walk their hot water over to get their tea bag and use the honey which only had 1/4 amount left and the bottle was all sticky. There was nothing special about it. When my mushroom panini came out I was disappointed to discover it was made with canned mushrooms and not fresh mushrooms. I was under the impression that all ingredients were fresh. I will give it another try next time I'm in Bedford in hopes that service, food quality and the tea bar steps up a notch.

1  Thank BJohn_263
Reviewed 27 October 2016

We came here with family for lunch, and I was excited to see two soup options since it was a chilly day. The quinoa soup was flavorful and hearty. For my main course, I chose the Blackberry Ciabatta Griller, and was very impressed. The sandwich was grilled to perfection, and the sweet blackberry jam paired very nicely with the roast beef and the feta cheese.

One of those in our group needed gluten free options, and was pleased to discover that any of the sandwiches can be made on gluten-free bread!

I very sadly didn't get to try any of the coffees (too much caffeine already!) but thought that their prices and varieties of coffee were reasonable.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

I'm not giving more "stars" because the sun chips were a bit stale and we only got a few. Saying all that, I liked my Greek wrap and my daughter liked the Blackberry beef sandwich but the others weren't as impressed with the Reuben (because of the lack of meat) and the soup needed some more flavor.

Been to The Green Harvest Company? Share your experiences!