“Slipping”

Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 2 December 2016

The Green Harvest is a nice touch in Downtown Bedford but over the past year I have noticed it slipping. We dined for lunch a month ago. You walk in the door and a server hollers from across the room to take a seat anywhere you like. You chose your seat and the server comes over, doesn't say her name and says the specials are listed in the menu rather than verbally telling you to make them appealing or up-sell. We ordered 2 paninis and hot tea. The hot tea bar was not appealing. You take your cup of hot water to a small counter and the display is very disappointing. There was no care taken to it and just looked messy. Also, I don't think it's a good idea for a guest to have to walk their hot water over to get their tea bag and use the honey which only had 1/4 amount left and the bottle was all sticky. There was nothing special about it. When my mushroom panini came out I was disappointed to discover it was made with canned mushrooms and not fresh mushrooms. I was under the impression that all ingredients were fresh. I will give it another try next time I'm in Bedford in hopes that service, food quality and the tea bar steps up a notch.

1  Thank BJohn_263

Reviewed 27 October 2016

We came here with family for lunch, and I was excited to see two soup options since it was a chilly day. The quinoa soup was flavorful and hearty. For my main course, I chose the Blackberry Ciabatta Griller, and was very impressed. The sandwich was grilled to perfection, and the sweet blackberry jam paired very nicely with the roast beef and the feta cheese.

One of those in our group needed gluten free options, and was pleased to discover that any of the sandwiches can be made on gluten-free bread!

I very sadly didn't get to try any of the coffees (too much caffeine already!) but thought that their prices and varieties of coffee were reasonable.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

I'm not giving more "stars" because the sun chips were a bit stale and we only got a few. Saying all that, I liked my Greek wrap and my daughter liked the Blackberry beef sandwich but the others weren't as impressed with the Reuben (because of the lack of meat) and the soup needed some more flavor.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

This is the third time we've eaten at The Green Harvest yet we live over 200 miles from Bedford. We enjoy this town and we stop in anytime we are traveling in the area. Most times we stop, this quaint little cafe is part of our visit.

They have a nice offering of good quality, healthy food choices and we've always enjoyed our foods.

We'll certainly stop here again as our travels bring us to this area.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

My sister & I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast including the tasty house blend coffee. Our server was pleasant and efficient. My sister chose a mixed skillet egg combination that was tasty & steaming hot - & I chose a sunny side up egg layered on a slice of pesto toast which was eye-popping good. We had window seating which added to a fun memorable experience.

Been to The Green Harvest Company? Share your experiences!