“Hidden Gem in East Bangor, PA Hills . . . . . try one of everything”

Trolley Shops Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Bangor
Reviewed 8 June 2017

We stopped at another restaurant in Pen Argyl over the Memorial Day weekend but they were closed and so, the other couple in the parking lot told us to follow them up to East Bangor and here's where we ended up.

What a find . . .from the hostess, Pat, to the manager, Donna, to the waitresses and the cooks .... what yummy food they serve here. I liked it so much, I asked friends to visit here with me three times in one week.
The Catch of the Day is awesome; cod, flounder or haddock served FRESH fried or broiled in butter. The sides are great; mac & cheese, creamy sour cream cucumber salad, cole slaw, etc.....fresh homemade mashed potatoes and ALL!!!
Our table tried the lasagna for $8.95 with 2 sides, even made with ricotta cheese and a tasty sauce.
Another tried the rack of ribs for $12 and another tried the turkey, homemade stuffing and good gravy.

I could go on and on . . . but take Rt 115 to Belfast and up to downtown Bangor and head up the hill.
You won't ever be disappointed in anything served here.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Service was good and waitress was very smiley ( her name I think was M.J.), however it is diner food and our lunch was served perfect. The menu has alot of choices, with lunch n dinner specials, as well as breakfast served all day. My daughter had a chicken cheese steak with sweet potato fries, although fries were slightly fried too long, but the cheese steak was great (thumbs up for the cook!). Mushroom soup was good plenty of mushrooms, my ham and cheese club was perfectly made. I also want to mention that their breakfast is very good. We are locals and where else to go for a simple meal when you don't want to travel far, or cook a meal, we go to the Trolley!! So if you want diner food at a fair price, try the Trolley, if you expect luxurious dining, this place is not for you!

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Three of us for lunch. Mediocre hamburger, starchy cream of mushroom soup, and a waitress who was friendly but inattentive. We had to call for more coffee, more water, the check. Will not visit again.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Typical greasy breakfast blah! Don't waste your time. Plenty of other greasy places around. Only one place to get breakfast in Bangor and thats a place called "By the dozen"

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

I have eaten here many times since they opened. The food is good and the restaurant is kept clean.
Typical diner food, good burgers,BLT'S and sandwiches. The wait staff has always been friendly and I feel it's quite affordable for the meal you get.
Plenty of parking and lighting.