“Perfect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yachats
The SeaQuest Estate
Ranked #1 of 12 Yachats B&B and Inns
Coos Bay, Oregon, United States
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

With SeaQuest being our first B&B experience, our stay went beyond our expectations. We had a peaceful, relaxing time with great food and hospitality. Thanks, Nerina. We will be back!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Location, location, location. If you are looking for a secluded Inn right on the Pacific, you found it. If you add the location together with peace and quiet aplenty, a world class breakfast and Nerina the Innkeeper, you have the perfect combination. If I could live there I would. The place is beautiful and so peaceful. Each time we've stayed there, we have met such nice, friendly people. You don't get that at a hotel. The price is reasonable when you consider the location, quality of environment and the near assurance you aren't going to have random noisy people in the next room. This is a place for peaceful reflection, connecting or reconnecting with the one you love.

• Stayed February 2012
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Nice place with pretty surroundings. The hostess has considered all the details for almost every kind of guest. Secluded from town, but that might be what you are looking for.

Room Tip: All rooms may have an ocean view, but some are stretching the description.
Salem, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I was extremely disappointed with the Jacuzzi room my girlfriend and I stayed in on Feb 18. I chose the SeaQuest based on the reviews and the desire for an in-room Jacuzzi spa. The problem was, the cold water wouldn't turn off - we had to keep the hot water running to keep the bath from getting to cold. I wanted to be able to soak in the spa (jets off) and listen to the waves through the open window, but the sound of the faucet running drowned out the ocean.

The next morning, when I mentioned the issue to the hostess, she said she knew about it and that "plumbing isn't my thing." For $150 a night, and when she showed us the room and I mentioned the spa was the main reason for staying there, she could have told us about the water issue, offered another room, or something - that would have been OK. Or, if she hadn't known about it and apologized, that would have been fine, too.

But to know the spa wasn't working properly, to not apologize or give any warning, and then blow it off by saying it isn't her thing....that left a very bad taste in my mouth that her breakfast couldn't overcome.

Due to her attitude and the broken fixture, I would not recommend the SeaQuest and suggest the Sea Spirit House instead.

Room Tip: Do not get the jacuzzi room.
1 Thank Dan K
ORinnkeeper, Manager at The SeaQuest Estate, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Dan,

I am truly sorry to hear your stay with us was ruined by a dripping faucet. I am appalled at myself for not apologizing for the inconveniences you suffered and my flippant response was inappropriate and unprofessional. My only explanation is that perhaps with being in the middle of serving breakfast when the issue was raised, my focus was elsewhere. Nonetheless, I should have stopped what I was doing, given you my full attention and then explained in detail the difficulty of finding a competent plumber who is willing to drive all the way out to our remote location. The Dominica is one of our most popular rooms and is in frequent use. Had any of our other guests indicated the severity of the problem we would have closed it off until the necessary repairs could be made. But there was never any indication prior to your stay that guests were unable to enjoy the jacuzzi tub. I regret your disappointment and would like to express my sincerest apologies to both you and Rachel.

Have a beautiful day and a wonderful life!

Nerina
Innkeeper
Tualatin, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Our 2-night stay at the SeaQuest Inn was a retirement gift. We were delighted to find this gem in our favorite Yachats area on the Oregon coast. Our room was cozy and comfortable, and the jacuzzi a special treat on a chilly January evening. The ocean view from the great room is amazing. The breakfasts are delicious. And Nerina is an exceptional hostess. We loved it!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
14.9 km away
Fireside Motel
#3 of 11 in Yachats
21.5 km away
Cliff House Bed & Breakfast

Been to The SeaQuest Estate? Share your experiences!