“Crazy Awesome Photo Op!”

Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Woodburn
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I've always wanted to visit a tulip farm while it was in bloom, and thanks to Wooden Shoe, my dream has come true. The variety of tulips--types and colors--were incredible, and made for the subject of lots of great photos as well as the backdrop for great photos of my kids. We went first thing when they opened, on a week day. Spent a little over an hour. It was freezing cold (~40F), so we just walked the fields, which are very easy walking distance from the parking lot. Bathrooms are port-a-potties, but plenty of them and possibly some of the cleanest I've seen. Also have portable sinks with soap. Cut tulips are only $5 for a small bunch, and there are plenty of fun things in the gift shop besides tulips.

Keep in mind, the fields are basically only open every day during the month of April (end of March, too; check their website for updates). Weekends in April, they have quite a bit of activities available, I think, and you could probably make a day of it. I really just wanted the pictures, so coming first thing on a weekday was PERFECT for me. There were definitely other people there, but not many. Got some great shots!

Highly recommend this place!!

All reviews
"wooden shoes"
in 7 reviews
"blooming season"

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Take your time and really enjoy the setting. There are many great photo "shots" to take, but don't forget to see and look. I also really enjoyed watching everyone else. A lot of fun!

2  Thank Thomas I
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Would definitely go again. This was a spur of the moment stop after seeing advertising in Portland. We were definitely happy we made the trip down,as it was beautiful. Well organised considering how insanely busy it was.

Traffic/parking staff were efficient and amazing!

Would love to go again another time. The fare was cute and great for little ones should you take them.

Worth the visit!

1  Thank AdventuringPerthian
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We went here with our two young kids - 1 and 3. We stayed just under two hours and they had a really great time. There were a lot of really good activities for them. It was a bit muddy and we definitely had to change their clothes getting into the car (as it was lightly raining the day we went), but it was a fun morning for a great price.

2  Thank 35sd14
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Good photo opportunities with tulips and 3 hot air balloons. You can ride on the balloons for a very short while but they don't go anywhere. Lots of fun for the kids such as face painting, pony and hay rides. Many food vendors. Admission is $5/person or $20/car. This weekend, quite a number of tulips have not blossomed yet, but there were enough blossoms to make our trip worthwhile.

2  Thank Helen C