“Very good food !”
Review of Johnno's Place

Johnno's Place
More attraction details
Owner description: A typical Caribbean beach bar where the drinks and the music never stop.
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Had a good time. Stopped for lunch as part of an excursion from st maarten. Nice setting, with live music and the food was very tasty !

2  Thank chiquita0082
in 6 reviews
"tourists"
"punch"

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Nice open-air bar and restaurant, right on the beach, at Sandy Ground. The late night live music is simply marvelous.

1  Thank HENRYStidBITS
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

What a great beach bar. A fun local hang out on Sandy Beach. The drinks are great and very strong! Try the Famous punch!
We didn't have time to eat there but heard from everyone it's a must! Next time for sure!

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We had a great time visiting Johnno's on our trip to Anguilla in March 2017. If you go, you must try the whole grilled snapper - I was hesitant but Johnno himself convinced me it would be worth it and it most definitely was! If you're not a fish person, their barbecue is great too. My boyfriend ordered the ribs and said they were excellent. It is a bit pricey for a local beach side restaurant but that is to be expected in Anguilla.

Seating is casual tables, inside the restaurant or at picnic tables under a large tented area on the beach. Highly recommend visiting for a late Sunday lunch - they have live jazz music from 1-4pm. I am not even a "jazz person" and absolutely loved it. Can't wait to go back on our next trip!

1  Thank Colleen B
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 March 2017

Enjoyed my day at Sandy Ground. Johnno promised me that he could make some fungie (cou-cou) that would make a Barbadian jealous and I must admit he did. I totally enjoyed his fungie along with his steam red snapper. His mixed drinks were sweet and strong. Just right to put you in a mellow island mood. He put up his umbrella and we sat on the beach and forgot all about the rest of the world. Time stood still and it was amazing,