“Visit Johnnos”
Review of Johnno's Place

Johnno's Place
More attraction details
Owner description: A typical Caribbean beach bar where the drinks and the music never stop.
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

What a great beach bar. A fun local hang out on Sandy Beach. The drinks are great and very strong! Try the Famous punch!
We didn't have time to eat there but heard from everyone it's a must! Next time for sure!

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We had a great time visiting Johnno's on our trip to Anguilla in March 2017. If you go, you must try the whole grilled snapper - I was hesitant but Johnno himself convinced me it would be worth it and it most definitely was! If you're not a fish person, their barbecue is great too. My boyfriend ordered the ribs and said they were excellent. It is a bit pricey for a local beach side restaurant but that is to be expected in Anguilla.

Seating is casual tables, inside the restaurant or at picnic tables under a large tented area on the beach. Highly recommend visiting for a late Sunday lunch - they have live jazz music from 1-4pm. I am not even a "jazz person" and absolutely loved it. Can't wait to go back on our next trip!

1  Thank Colleen B
Reviewed 21 March 2017

Enjoyed my day at Sandy Ground. Johnno promised me that he could make some fungie (cou-cou) that would make a Barbadian jealous and I must admit he did. I totally enjoyed his fungie along with his steam red snapper. His mixed drinks were sweet and strong. Just right to put you in a mellow island mood. He put up his umbrella and we sat on the beach and forgot all about the rest of the world. Time stood still and it was amazing,

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

We stopped for a quick lunch at johnno's on our way out of town. Super convenient location if you are coming in by boat. Our fish sandwiches were all very good (grilled on a baguette), though service was a bit slow (and we ordered from "Express" menu, not the made to order section!).

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Johnno's ticks many of.my "to-die-for" boxes: samd between your toes, glorious sunsets, local food. However, despite the rustic setting you pay, handsomely, for this. Here's my 3 rules for Johnno's.

1. Arrive early. Sunset hits fast so get in time for the display.

2. Go local on cuisine. Ribs, jonny cakes, lobster. Some of the best on the beach.

3. Budget accordingly. You will pay and pay well. Some nights incur a surcharge you check the menu. If it's too rich move along thebeach. There ARE other choices next door...

Enjoy.