All reviews golf course lawn bowling tennis courts fireside room hot tub mount hood beautiful property room was large outdoor activities shower head salmon hood area timberline lodge altitude spa mallard fireplace
Reviewed 24 October 2018

This is a beautiful facility in a beautiful spot, especially in October with the leaves turning. I really wanted this to be a 5 star place, but too many things kept cropping up for many of us who were there. I chose a fireplace room. The first night there was a duralog there, but they forgot to leave the matches; I had to wait a half hour for them. The second night the matches were still there but they forgot my replacement log. (And no, I could NOT have two.) There were several other small but annoying situations like this that added up to some frustration. There is also no cell service for ATT in the resort. Conference meals were excellent.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

So nice to be able to park in front of your room. Rooms had fine amenities. Very comfortable beds etc. Also a lovely golf course and tennis courts. Within easy drive of Mt Hood The restaurant had a very nice menu and attractive ambience.
Enjoyed our stay. Very nice to have restaurant on premises

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2018

We had our fall conference here recently and the site was very nice. Great rooms with good internet service. The resort has a great pool and hot tub outside that was very nice. The cell service here is very lacking though. The site has a 27 hole golf course with a fun facility grounds that also has an 18 hole putting course, a huge croquet area too. It is truly a beautiful area, lots of walking and hiking to be done right around the resort. Welches and Zig Zag have fun bars and eateries too close by. 45 minutes down the road is a small casino with slots and table games too.

Room Tip: Get a room as close to the pool and hot tub if that's your thing.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

My husband, who broke his ankle a few weeks prior, and I visited this resort. While the staff was as accommodating as possible, we arrive by Uber to the resort, only to find that the rooms are located in buildings separate from the main lodge!!! The restaurant in the main lodge is only open for breakfast and dinner... lunch is available at the other restaurant at the resort... which is across a 2 lane road & then down by the golf pro shop...in other words, totally not accessible for my husband to get to! So, bring a car as we come to find that while taxi service to the Portland airport is available, there is NO Uber or lyft service back to the airport!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2018

My son and daughter in law were recently married at The Resort at the Mountain, and the experience exceeded my expectations. I worked with the catering, event and housing staff over 18 months to plan this wedding, and the service was supportive and professional at every turn. In addition to the beautiful setting, delicious food,and flawless logistics and housing, the staff demonstrated highest integrity in finding and returning a piece of valuable jewelry lost during the reception. I am so grateful for the wonderful memories!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family