We took our Irish Setter and headed to the John Day Fossil beds for my hubby's 64th birthday. We arrived at Kahneeta near 6 PM. Had no problem locating the Village and checked in quickly. Our room was newly redecorated, lots of room for the 3 of us, big porch, lots of towels. Dinner at the Lodge was delicious, as was the breakfast buffet (fry bread with huckleberry jam is very good). I swam in the giant outdoor, steaming pool at about 9:30 AM. What a treat, so clean and well organized. Took dog on long walk along river. We could have easily spent a couple days here. It's pricey but so worth it in this part of the state. The staff were friendly and competent. We found nothing lacking. We enjoyed the Casino being located near the highway away from the resort activities. Brilliant idea separating them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kah-Nee-Ta Resort and Spa offers a variety of accommodations from suites and private view balcony rooms in the Lodge to Village suites and teepees and even a full-service RV Park. Every option is close to all the fun and diverse activities available at Kah-Nee-Ta.Kah-Nee-Ta Village was completed in 1964 and named for the Indian woman Xnitla, "Root Digger" who had owned the property. Xnitla was a scout and spiritual leader who used the natural hot springs and indigenous plants and roots for medicinal purposes and religious ceremonies. The Lodge and Convention Center opened in 1972Kah-Nee-Ta Resort is located on the 600,000+ Sq Acre Warm Springs Indian Reservation. It is owned and operated by the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs. The Warm Springs Reservation was established by The Treaty of 1855 on a small reserve of land where our ancestors lived for thousands of years. In 1937 the Wasco, Paiute and Warm Springs Tribes organized as the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs and became a sovereign, self-governing nation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Resort And Casino
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Hotel Warm Springs