I've been to Kahneetah many times and always had a pleasant experience. I had a friend coming in from out of town, so wanted to take her somewhere special. I chose Kahneetah; bragging about their sumptuous breakfast buffet. When we got there, the Staff was outstanding, as always. They told us the Casino had moved. Hooray! The awful cigarette smoke is gone, gone, gone! I was excited to learn that the breakfast buffet was still offered. Yea! With incredible anticipation and empty stomachs, we walked the path to the restaurant for what I thought would be an enticing, generous, eye-catching buffet. AHHH! What we found was an anemic, thoughtless, artless, unappealing "spread" of breakfast items. The Carving Station, with their delicious roast beef & ham, gone. The beautiful display of fresh fruit, gone. The generous, perfectly done breakfast meats, gone. Even the cold cereal options were gone! The only thing left from the "old days" was the omelet bar. I strongly suspect that the pancakes and waffles were the frozen variety that they simply thawed and put out. NO flavor. And definitely no appeal. This is a SPA & RESORT! The food quality needs to be consistent! Their dinner options needs to be expanded, but was very good! Also, whose idea was it to remove the mini fridges in the rooms?!! I/we really did not appreciate that. It made our stay less convenient!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kah-Nee-Ta Resort and Spa offers a variety of accommodations from suites and private view balcony rooms in the Lodge to Village suites and teepees and even a full-service RV Park. Every option is close to all the fun and diverse activities available at Kah-Nee-Ta.Kah-Nee-Ta Village was completed in 1964 and named for the Indian woman Xnitla, "Root Digger" who had owned the property. Xnitla was a scout and spiritual leader who used the natural hot springs and indigenous plants and roots for medicinal purposes and religious ceremonies. The Lodge and Convention Center opened in 1972Kah-Nee-Ta Resort is located on the 600,000+ Sq Acre Warm Springs Indian Reservation. It is owned and operated by the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs. The Warm Springs Reservation was established by The Treaty of 1855 on a small reserve of land where our ancestors lived for thousands of years. In 1937 the Wasco, Paiute and Warm Springs Tribes organized as the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs and became a sovereign, self-governing nation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Priceline, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Resort And Casino
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Hotel Warm Springs