“3 Nights at Terry-A-While”
Review of Terry-A-While

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waldport
Terry-A-While
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Waldport
Reviewed 7 July 2017

1. Right in front of Hwy 101 or Pacific Coast Highway. If you enjoy hearing semis and other vehicles, this is the place
2. No Wi Fi, no internet. Makes it a challenge if you want to connect and make plans with friends
3. The rooms are only cleaned after your final visit and too small garbage can accumulate stuff after a 3 day stay
4. Staff treats you like you a very dishonorable, disrespectful client. I mean what can a lonely senior citizen do?
5. Microscopic space to park your 4WD truck
6. No creamer for your coffee
7. Towels are so thin. Good luck if you can really dry yourself off. You have to make your towel last for 3 days
8. No shampoo so bring your favorite soap and shampoo

There is a micro wave and refrig in the unit. The clientele at this motel are very quiet and respectful. Too bad I cannot say the same for staff

Room Tip: No cell service, WiFi, bring shampoo & soap, bring creamer for your coffee, bring towel because...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Terry-A-While is an awesome place to stay to get away, just to relax, walk the beach, metal detecting, whatever your heart desire. It is on the beach about halfway between Yachats and Walport. We found this GEM in 2010.
This is our go to motel for our coast trips. We first came with family and friends. The kids always had a blast playing game on beach especially at night and having a beach fire for their Smores. Kids now grown and we now continue to go every year and always have great time we never want to leave. We always stay longer than originally planned cuz we love it so much.
Jan and Eugene are great manager they go out of their way to make your stay wonderful and as comfortable as possible. Real pleasant couple.
The units are immaculate, well cared for. The exterior does not give them justice but the interiors are beautiful, rustic and each unit is unique. Its like your own little condo away- from- home- they have a different unit to meet all needs.
I really cannot say enough about Terry-A-While. We stayed at number of place prior to 2010 and in other parts of Oregon Coast and found nothing that can compare.
I hope you give Terry-A-While a chance. They have comparable rate to other motels and hotels but none can compare.
Joanna and Robert

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2017

This is a hidden gem with absolutely incredible pride of ownership shown in the units. Located right on the Pacific coast, the views and access to the ocean are breathtaking. We were recommended by a neighboring inn who was full for the night. Terry-A-While is a little difficult to notice as you are driving and doesn't look like much from the outside. You will not be disappointed once you get inside.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Terry-A-While is independently owned. Beach access is amazing. We watched the waves roll in while staring out the picture windows. We were in Unit 6 which has a full kitchen. Excellent place to get away and relax. I will be back.

Room Tip: Unit 6 has narrow steps going up to the beds on the second floor.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2016

I don't like leaving reviews because then when its time for me to return, everyone else had the same idea. Okay, lets just say the Jan Morris, the proprietor of Terry-a-While has several little gems on the coast. And as I am a a tad OCD regarding cleanliness, her rooms met my expectations and did I mention it's on the beach. I won't suggest a family stay but I would certainly suggest a couple romantic get away. This was worth taking a risk and just showing up without a reservation ( I don't recommend that during high season) and thrilled my wife and I to death.
Jan, we'll be back.

Room Tip: certainly a bottle of wine to watch the sunset from you own patio.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rory O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldport
1.5 km away
6 km away
The Waldport Inn
The Waldport Inn
#1 of 4 in Waldport

Been to Terry-A-While? Share your experiences!