“Surprise, Surprise”
Review of Terry-A-While

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waldport
Terry-A-While
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Waldport
Reviewed 14 August 2016

I don't like leaving reviews because then when its time for me to return, everyone else had the same idea. Okay, lets just say the Jan Morris, the proprietor of Terry-a-While has several little gems on the coast. And as I am a a tad OCD regarding cleanliness, her rooms met my expectations and did I mention it's on the beach. I won't suggest a family stay but I would certainly suggest a couple romantic get away. This was worth taking a risk and just showing up without a reservation ( I don't recommend that during high season) and thrilled my wife and I to death.
Jan, we'll be back.

Room Tip: certainly a bottle of wine to watch the sunset from you own patio.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rory O

Reviewed 7 August 2016

This time I stayed in a one bedroom unit, including full kitchen. large sitting room, excellent bed and bath area. Second floor deck included seating with great ocean views and sound. Will stay here again. Owners are friendly and helpful. I liked having various seating options, dining table for four, excellent TV with access to quite a few channels. Everything clean and organized. Owners focus on environmental enhancements. Daily price a fine value.

Room Tip: Get room in 'house' settings as these are one bedroom apartments complete with amenities acc...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 5 August 2016

First stayed here in the early 90's. The beach access is short and easy to walk. The view of the ocean through large picture windows and out on the back deck is a great way to wake up, and watch the sun go down. I appreciated the clean and simple appearance of the unit; I was there for the ocean, not to pay for fancy décor and excessive amenities. ( free WIFI and cable/HBO included) A great place to make special memories.

Room Tip: all good options
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sukrapayah
Reviewed 21 February 2016

Was driving by this motel and pulled off on the spur of the moment since it struck me that my mother used to take us there as kids 50 years ago. I hopped out and briefly walked down to the beach trying to remember being there so many times as a child. I was thinking what a beautiful beach it was and that I thought I might book some rooms there and bring the family back this summer. (I live out of state now)
As I was returning to my car, I was met by the owner (or some staff member) who told me that it was private property and I couldn't not park or be there. I explained it was just for a moment and I had pulled off as I recognized the motel name and that i used to come there as a kid, and I was thinking of bringing my family back there etc. She basically read me the riot act. I was stunned!!
I can tell you this, any part of me that thought I might book there in the future is now gone. She was completely rude to me. I would not recommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank mainstreet101
Reviewed 14 November 2015

My housemate and I took a trip to the coast for Labor Day weekend. For the price, this place can't be beat. You do have to stay a minimum of three days but that worked out great for us. We stayed in Unit 5 and paid $60 a night. It is SOOO close to the ocean and we could just walk. If you are looking for a place with a great price and that is clean, this is it! I will definitely stay there again. If you don't want to deal with an older hotel, DON'T stay here. This is not for the people looking for some fancy place to stay but rather people who are more concerned about a great experience on a budget.

Room Tip: The wifi in the room didn't work but if you sat out on the porch, it might. Good time to discon...
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Megan J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldport
1.5 km away
6 km away
The Waldport Inn
The Waldport Inn
#1 of 4 in Waldport

Been to Terry-A-While? Share your experiences!