All reviews camp host beach access oregon coast campfire federal campground site camping ocean hosts firewood windy
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We are currently camping at Tillicum. The sites, views and location to the beach are great. The staff don't like kids so have disciplined our children probably 10 times in the last 48 hours for biking and walking around the campsites. They have been disrespectful and rude. These older ladies managing and working here have ruined our stay completely.

Stayed: August 2017
5  Thank Keely K
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Loved camping here last year. This year, I was very disappointed to find that they had changed several (maybe all) of their non-electric sites to full hookup. This would not have been a problem had any common sense been used while adding the hookups.

I was in site 28 last year and again this year because I loved it. The shrubs that made me feel like I was snuggled into a private little corner facing the path to the bathroom last year, had been demolished by a large vehicle this year removing any sense of privacy this spot had. Before two sides were open and two sides were very private. This year the space was totally exposed. (The back area was not as private due to pruning of the trees - while it made the area more open, it is a necessity for safety purposes)

The hookup & water was poorly placed a few feet away from the driveway, infringing on the space allotted for picnic table/campfire and in the LOWEST PART of the campsite. Needless to say it was an absolute muddy mess....and I did not use my spigot the entire time I camped here. No idea what meatball planned this but "as is" it is not customer friendly for a majority of the wet PNW year.

Hopefully, I camped here early in the "upgrade" process and they plan on moving the driveway closer to the hookup, putting a rock step around the water/electric hookup, enlarging the size of the campsite and allowing the shrubbery to regrow.

This is definitely a case where greed and poor planning have reduced the enjoyment of camping in this specific site.

Aside from the downfall of site 28, beach access is always great, bathrooms are well kept and park hosts are always helpful and pleasant. I'll definitely stay here again but at a different spot!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank KimberlyOR
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Took our vintage camper to tillicum for two nights for my birthday. This is an amazing campground next to the beach. We had one of the fourteen or so spaces with electric and water hookup. The grounds and the bathroom are very clean and well kept. Easy beach access, very helpful hosts. We'll be back!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Lonnie K
Reviewed 9 March 2017

We love camping here - one of our favorite spots on the Oregon coast - because it's so close to the ocean. Some campsites have a great view of the water and are fairly private. Try for the loop right on the ocean. Clean restrooms with running water and flush toilets. No showers though.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sillydg
Reviewed 8 November 2016

Located just north of Yachats. Great ocean view sites. Some are reservable online. Many are right next to the bluff, and wooded for privacy. Beaches are fabulous and stretch forever. Helpful campground hosts.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family