“Jamie's Dockside Diner”

Jamie's Dockside Diner at Taylor's Landing
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: PERMANENTLY CLOSED Jamie's is a down home diner. Everything is cooked to order special for you. We welcome you to join us for breakfast & lunch in our incredible setting. We float on the Alsea River. Enjoy the sights of Salmon being reeled in. You might be lucky enough to spot a River Otter, Seal, Elk or Bald Eagle while enjoying a wonderful meal amongst good company. We also have a tackle, bait and convenience store on the dock with wine, beer & ice. Located on Hwy 34 at mile marker 7. Turn into Taylor's Landing RV & Marina, park in the grassy area and head down to the river to find us. Open Thurs - Mon 7:30am-3pm.
Reviewed 19 February 2015

I'm sorry to report that this fun little floating diner is now closed. We used to really enjoyed eating out on the deck - watching the boats trolling for salmon. Jamie was always attentive to our needs; we will miss her and the diner.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

Jamie's Dockside is a wonderful place for breakfast or lunch. Sitting right on the Alsea river provides a wonderful view. Usually there is a lot of wildlife around, either in the water or in the air.
The food is very good. The menu is fairly large for such a small place and the specials are always wonderful.
Jaime is very friendly and accommodating. Overall, this is a great place for a nice, casual meal.

Reviewed 27 November 2014

The food here is delicious and down-home style. Their biscuits are made from scratch along with their gravy and they often have local fruits and vegetable as a part of their specials. I recommend this lovely floating restaurant to anyone passing near the area! My father and I went for two days in a row for the hot coffee, great breakfast, and friendly service.

Reviewed 23 November 2014

Jamie presides over a little place ON the water that's well worth finding milepost 7 on highway 34 upriver from Waldport. Unusual northwest seafood stew, with smoked salmon and tomato base. Breakfast into the midday. Heavenly marionberry cobbler. Worth a bit of persistence to find!

1  Thank tjmU4374LJ
Reviewed 11 November 2014

I had read about Jamie's on the web. We decided to give it a try and drive 7 miles east of Waldport - a wonderful drive while watching the fishing boats on the river. When we arrived at Jamie's on the river, I was surprised that we were RIGHT ON THE RIVER. My wife, Jillian, loved it. We saw fishes jumping and then we saw some seals come right up to the wharf. And that is the nature of this place, you are so close to the river, to the birds and the fishes, that you forget that you are here to eat. As we were waiting for our meal, another couple arrives in a boat and moors up right in front of us. This is river country and we are right in the middle of the river! Forget about the food. And I think that is part of the problem. Our wine was first-class. My fish & chips was so-so. I wanted more. I would recommend the experience to anyone. But, if you want special seafood, go to the Bridgewater in Florence.