“Great food and fun on the water”

Jamie's Dockside Diner at Taylor's Landing
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: PERMANENTLY CLOSED Jamie's is a down home diner. Everything is cooked to order special for you. We welcome you to join us for breakfast & lunch in our incredible setting. We float on the Alsea River. Enjoy the sights of Salmon being reeled in. You might be lucky enough to spot a River Otter, Seal, Elk or Bald Eagle while enjoying a wonderful meal amongst good company. We also have a tackle, bait and convenience store on the dock with wine, beer & ice. Located on Hwy 34 at mile marker 7. Turn into Taylor's Landing RV & Marina, park in the grassy area and head down to the river to find us. Open Thurs - Mon 7:30am-3pm.
Reviewed 23 November 2014

Jamie presides over a little place ON the water that's well worth finding milepost 7 on highway 34 upriver from Waldport. Unusual northwest seafood stew, with smoked salmon and tomato base. Breakfast into the midday. Heavenly marionberry cobbler. Worth a bit of persistence to find!

1  Thank tjmU4374LJ

Reviewed 11 November 2014

I had read about Jamie's on the web. We decided to give it a try and drive 7 miles east of Waldport - a wonderful drive while watching the fishing boats on the river. When we arrived at Jamie's on the river, I was surprised that we were RIGHT ON THE RIVER. My wife, Jillian, loved it. We saw fishes jumping and then we saw some seals come right up to the wharf. And that is the nature of this place, you are so close to the river, to the birds and the fishes, that you forget that you are here to eat. As we were waiting for our meal, another couple arrives in a boat and moors up right in front of us. This is river country and we are right in the middle of the river! Forget about the food. And I think that is part of the problem. Our wine was first-class. My fish & chips was so-so. I wanted more. I would recommend the experience to anyone. But, if you want special seafood, go to the Bridgewater in Florence.

Reviewed 30 October 2014

But if you are looking for great food, a great owner that works the place, and a very unique dining experience, this is the place, in spades! We found Jamie and her place from social media, which is good, because that is her primary form of advertising, save the great word of mouth she must get. Look, I was as skeptical as each of you will be, and I hesitate to share the next sentence. Yes, it is located at the back of a trailer park, and the restaurant is a floating dock on the river. But, this isn't diner food, for breakfast we had the special, my wife had a fresh local chanterelles mushroom and garlic omelet, and I had some sort of French toast with a cinnamon apple compote ( yes, the apples came from a local customer that shared their crop) that was fantastic, and not at all too sweet. Jamie spent time talking with us, and sharing local stories, the whole experience was fantastic! So, get scared, turn around when you get there (yes, it is 7.2 miles from Yahats) and you will be denying yourself a great experience, your loss. We went back for lunch a different day,same great food, same great service.

Reviewed 27 October 2014

The food was delicious, as well as the wine. It was very serene watching the fish jump, and the seal on the river.

Reviewed 27 October 2014

Wow, what a great little Diner this is. We originally found it on YELP and it had terrific reviews so we decided to try it. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent, and the service could not have been better. My wife had the smoked salmon/chanterelle mushroom omelet I had the Fisherman's Breakfast and my sister-in-law had the French toast with fruit compote, We were all very pleased with our selections. Do yourself a favor, if you are ever in the Waldport - Yachats area of Oregon give Jamie's Dockside Diner a try. You will be happy that you did.

1  Thank Thomas M