“Best in The Dalles”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2018

This must be the best place to eat in The Dalles.
There was a 15 minute wait so we enjoyed a draught beer and glass of wine until a table came free, this was served by a very professional manager/owner who was really attentive.
To eat we had lovely fresh lentil soup followed by an unbelievably good seafood linguine. To go with this we had a local Sauvignon Blanc (Jacob Williams) which must compete with the best from New Zealand.
The portion size was just right and we had a great waiter who was spot on in terms of service.
It's housed in a historic carefully restored building with a genuine mahogany bar plus other old saloon fittings.
What a shame we only had the opportunity to eat here once.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Happy Cow sent us to this charming spot and we were so glad, not only to find Veg options but a whole Vegan menu! The black bean burger was the best I've ever had and we had a wonderful wrap as well. When I asked the very friendly server if per chance they had grapefruit juice, she smiled,'Fresh squeezed"! Wow!. I'd give this place ten stars if I could and only wish it was in our hometown, Sedona.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Had good food and an amazing atmosphere. My husband and I loved the paintings on the walls. Loved the history of the building.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Spent over two magnificent hours here. Started at the massive mahogany bar having a really good local beer, checking out all the great paintings of the northwest, and chatting with the bar tender (who ended up being the owner). I ordered the fillet mignon, which I could cut with a fork. My friend said the prime rib was excellent. The stuffed mushrooms appetizer was some of the best we have had. The four of us were politely sparring for the last piece. Finished off with carrot cake and caramelo shared among us. It was a fantastic evening!

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I had the prime rib and my wife had the halibut. Our salads were fresh and plentiful. I started with the French Onion soup. Properly cheesy with a flavorful crouton over a savory onion filled broth. Prime rib and baked potato were done properly to the requested temperature. Interesting decor in an old time “upscale” bar feel. The wait staff was friendly and helped each other even if it wasn’t their table.