“GREAT view!”

Columbia Portage Grill
Ranked #50 of 74 Restaurants in The Dalles
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 December 2017

I come here often for food & drinks in The Portage Grill. Fairly average place I will say. Good variety of Southern food among other varieties.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Vicki and Toni make a great experience in the dining room. Always efficient and friendly, love the smiles and great coffee in the morning.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Their cajun fried chicken is incredible. Excellent jambalaya too! Portions are excellent! Best river view dining in the Gorge!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Go across the street to McDonald’s or better yet, Water’s Edge.
CANNOT recommend Portage.
2 people at the bar, 2 more patrons in the bar and the 5 of us. Food took a full hour to come out. No exaggeration. Husband said worst Bloody Mary he ever had.
The pic of my meal is Salmon Cakes with sauce on the side. Tasted like bread, flavorless. What is with the imitation crab chunks?!
Waitress Sara said it was her third day on the job, doubt it, I think she says that as an out.
Went into the bar which can’t be seen from the dining room to pay the tab as a gift to my parents. I told the waitress I didn’t want them know and while I was signing the slip she told my family a woman paid their bill. This was unsolicited. They were not asking for the bill I later found out. Thanks a lot, lady.
I was scared to dine here as I read the reviews prior to my visit. My parents chose the place and I didn’t have the heart to ask them to go somewhere else. I definitely paid the price for that.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Had two meals here; a light supper and breakfast.

We ordered hamburgers and fries for supper and it took 35 minutes for them to come. They claimed they had a lot of orders coming from a connected bar but we only saw one ordered carried in there. The food, when it came, was average.

Breakfast here was included in our Shilo Inn room rate and we had a choice of three combinations. I had two pancakes and a fried egg with juice and coffee. It was good and came quickly

The carpet in this place is worn out and filthy. We would not eat here again.

Date of visit: October 2017