2,960 results
All reviews sun river golf course family vacation caldera springs bike riding the main lodge lodge rooms hot tub shuttle service gas fireplace outdoor activities lodge village beautiful property central oregon sage springs spa the deschutes river cove
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I'm still not exactly sure what it is about Sunriver that makes it such a uniquely relaxing place to visit, but every time we are there it feels like we can breathe more deeply and truly slow down. The miles of trails wandering through the meadow and forest make for perfect long walks to connect with your spouse or awesome family bike rides. There truly is no better place for a family vacation. So much to do together and endless opportunties to create memories. If you want a higher end experience stay in their River Lodges or rental homes, but the Lodge Village rooms are still well appointed and all have great views. The lodge village suites are two story townhomes that work great for families or a girls weekend getaway. Every time I go to Sunriver, I'm never disappointed!

Room Tip: River lodge for luxury, lodge village suite for space.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Upgraded to a suite after our requested room type was oversold. Suite was comfortable and spacious, and very well stocked with everything you'd need to stay for a month. However, the walls are paper thin, so youll get to know your neighbours, whether you want to or not. Plenty to do on site and as you are left to your own devices a fair bit, I would recommend you check out the resort website for all of the activities available to plan your stay before you arrive. The pool and spa is excellent, as is the fitness centre. Don't expect anything better than "resort food", however. Overall, the rooms are only ever going to be sideshow to the natural beauty and activities in the area, so as expected, they are adequate..

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Our family of 20 stayed @ 2 houses on Colonial Lane (#3 and #6).
Both houses are great. #6 is especially great for entertaining (we had all 20 of us there for dinner one night). It has high ceilings & an open floor plan therefore giving it a feeling that it is even bigger. A great dining room table - tall table & the tall chairs...I think 12 people could fit at the table. All the bedrooms are big! (especially the master bedroom on the top floor! In fact, I almost got lost in it. LOL!)
#3 was great too. It was newly remolded with a more rustic feel to it. I think there were 9 people sleeping there and a few children too. It has a great living room - cozy with fireplace & a HUGE screened TV. :) and the deck/backyard is right off the dining room therefore giving the extra room we needed for our group of 20 to enjoy dinner together.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The physical campus, ambiance, views are extraordinary. However, it rains in OR. Yet no employees holding doors open at the Main Lodge had umbrellas to shelter those leaving their cars to register. Why? This lack of provision for customer comfort is not what I expect from a resort as high end as this is. Also, our guest room smelled musty, and I had to use all of the towels to dry the floor as the shower curtain was too short to keep the floor by the toilet dry.

On the other hand, everyone at Sunriver is remarkably friendly and service is excellent--other than the door openers at the Lodge standing out of the rain and watching me stick my arm out the car door to get my umbrella open.

Breakfast at the lovely dining room is great; however, it would be nice if the menus listed available side dishes, beverages, etc. When I said I cannot drink orange juice, the server offered many other juice options. I only know they serve hot chocolate because I saw it being served. I can heartily recommend the oatmeal brûlée, and the strawberry yogurt, both of which were exceptional. The oatmeal is made from groats, and the yogurt was very creamy rather than gelled as so many yogurts are that include gelatin.

I would definitely stay there again, but I would be sure to stock towels in my car to dry the leather after getting soaked when it rains--as it often does in OR.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Megan R, Guest Relations Manager at Sunriver Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. It is always delightful to hear about our exceptionally friendly staff. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service. So glad to know you enjoyed your breakfast at the Meadows. I will pass on your compliments to the chef. The oatmeal brûlé is one of his signature items. I’m so sorry that you experienced inclement weather during your stay. We are located in the High Desert and rain is rare for us. I appreciate your suggestion regarding umbrellas and will pass your suggestion along to the team.

We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Megan Roe

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Sunriver is a special place in a beautiful setting. This is a great family resort. We enjoyed our deluxe king suite for the two of us for a business convention at the resort. The one cautionary note is the restaurants are only fair to good at best. You are a captive audience and the food is okay to very good but all at pricey high end captive audience prices. Still overall a great experience just do not expect gourmet meals.

Room Tip: Ask for a "green belt" room within easy walking distance of the main lodge and Great Hall if you are attending a conference.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business