“Wonderful Park tricky access to site”

Sumpter Pines RV Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sumpter
Sumpter Pines RV Park
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I called and made our reservation for August 2017 back in November. When I called to confirm our site the owner, Nan, told me she had no record of our reservation. Gave her all the info and said she never writes anything down in the winter!!
Made reservation again for week of Eclipse with no problem, she was very nice on the phone and took my information again.
A week prior to arrival sent email to confirm and also got site number.
We travel in a 40 foot 5th wheel with one ton truck.
Arrived at their office checked in and were told to follow the guy in the tractor to our site. Long story short, our site #14 was wide and big, the one problem for us was the layout of the site and backing in the 5th wheel between trees and other RV's. After a few tries the owner told my husband to get out of the truck, got behind the wheel and proceeded to "back it up". I was sure we were taking out a few trees in the process, it was very unnerving.
We stayed in site #14 which I must say was simply perfect. It was wide and long and I thought best site in the park.
We stayed for a week, the park was so quiet it was divine.Close to "town" and very relaxing.
I have mixed feelings about this park. We totally enjoyed it but for us and the length of our RV we would not stay here again due to the issues we had backing into the site.
I might add the people in the next site over had the same issue, the owner took over the backing in process and backed into two small trees getting the people into their site.
For smaller units this park is just perfect or if you get a pull thru site which are closer to each other.
Owners were great we only saw them once. Park is spotless.
When we left we drove out the entrance road (the wrong way according to their sign) and had no problems leaving.
Because of the layout of he park some of he sites that require backing in are very very hard to get into...it is not the site itself rather the trees and other sites around it that do not allow you to get at the righ angle to get into the site without a lot of tries!
We are glad we stayed had great week and really enjoyed the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

The owners are not child or teenage friendly at all. Do not go to this park if you have either one, and do not plan on having family or friends visit you in this park. This park from what I have experienced is 55 years or older with no children or no visitors with kids only! You are watched in your camp sites, and throughout the park in surveillance cameras. Although the setting is nice I don't feel I have any privacy.
Very disappointing for me and my family of 13. We will not be returning unless things change.
Saddened by the attitudes of some people.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela F
Reviewed 9 July 2016

We came here for our annual Family Reunion in Oregon. It's a neat campground, very well maintained and quiet. The area is absolutely gorgeous and it was close to the many attraction we wanted to see every day. We had a 30 feet long travel trailer and had no problems with parking it. Plenty of room and trees. We had a great time and would return.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

We have stayed at the park 4 full summers now. Great Friends met and had wonderful summers. Will stay every
summer until we can't. Clean
Quiet except for atv riders. We are atv riders by the way. Miles of trails to explore

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2016

When we checked in we were greeted by a rude woman that I honestly think may be having a mental breakdown. They seemed put out by our staying with them. The camping sites are extremely close and hard to get in to. The camp site next to us had their sewer dump right next to our picnic table. The attitudes of the owners or hosts made it an ugly place to stay if I were you I would find other accommodations.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank geema2015

Been to Sumpter Pines RV Park? Share your experiences!