“Nice restaurant in commercial area”
Review of Mookie's Northwest Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mookie's Northwest Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My wife and I dined here with a friend on a recent Saturday night. The food was pretty good, and unlike some other reviews here, we found the service to be excellent.

My wife had a crag louis, which turned out to be a deconstructed version of this classic dish. The crab was not very flavorful, which was a bit surprising, but the overall dish was good.

I had the rib-eye steak, which was prepared exactly as ordered (rare). The chef is evidently in the "Outback" school of steakery, though, as it was highly seasoned, perhaps even a bit too salty.

Our friend had a chicken caesar salad, which was good, if perhaps a bit too "one-note." He was kind of tired of the flavor even before finishing.

The restaurant is certainly worth a return visit should we find ourselves in this area again.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

food is great, only on waitress, working the floor, cleaning,bar tending,ordering, bar area nice, the kitchen is open and your looking at a bunch of dishes, and noisy guys yapping a way

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Food is FANTASTIC! And portion sizes are also great!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Mookie, the Executive Chef, has been turning out wonderful fish, prime rib, pasta dishes and bbq ribs for ages. He added a pizza oven in his new place. and still provides the nicest salads, soups,. and desserts.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We have eaten at Mookie's for years, first at the old funky location, and several times at their new spot. In the past we always found the food exceptionally good. After reading the reviews I didn't know what to expect. We made a reservation, arrived early and had a 5 minute wait at the bar. Our server was prompt, friendly and informative. The new trendy setting is nice, but like so many modern restaurants, the noise level is more than you wish for.

Our table ordered a pasta dish, halibut and salmon. The food was fresh and nicely presented. The lemon and caper sauce on the halibut was not great--more like a gravy and lacking flavor. I found out that the original chef, whose food we've loved for years has passed the torch to his son. I hope the food improves.