“Mookie is the best!”

Add it.
Mookie's Northwest Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Mookie, the Executive Chef, has been turning out wonderful fish, prime rib, pasta dishes and bbq ribs for ages. He added a pizza oven in his new place. and still provides the nicest salads, soups,. and desserts.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We have eaten at Mookie's for years, first at the old funky location, and several times at their new spot. In the past we always found the food exceptionally good. After reading the reviews I didn't know what to expect. We made a reservation, arrived early and had a 5 minute wait at the bar. Our server was prompt, friendly and informative. The new trendy setting is nice, but like so many modern restaurants, the noise level is more than you wish for.

Our table ordered a pasta dish, halibut and salmon. The food was fresh and nicely presented. The lemon and caper sauce on the halibut was not great--more like a gravy and lacking flavor. I found out that the original chef, whose food we've loved for years has passed the torch to his son. I hope the food improves.

Reviewed 3 December 2011

While visiting family in Eugene, OR my son's father in law made a reservation at Mookies. Somewhat difficult to find in a rather large office parking, but charming and very good food. Not sure I'd go out of my way to find it, but if you are in the area I'd recommend.

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Pretty standard lunch fare. Pastas, burgers, sandwiches, soups. I had the vegetarian burger and it was good. They make it with fresh vegetables and a batter so it's better than your standard veggie burger. The service was good and fast despite there being several groups of 10 and more. It was a decent place to grab a quick lunch.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

We walked inside to check out the atmosphere, a very small bar, some booth seating and tables. The bartender didn't even acknowledge us, and eventually a hostess greeted us. We decided to sit outside. We waited probably 10 minutes before anyone came to take a drink order or to at least say they would be there soon. They weren't that busy. Finally a waitress showed up and quipped, " hi, has anyone been here to help you?"..when we told her "no", she acted like she was coming to our rescue. Please....give me a break..we were in her section and she was just trying to save face.
I wanted a glass of red wine and asked about the red blend. She described it as "bold". And then proceeded to tell me it was from King Estates. It was listed from Misty Oaks Winery. Clearly, she had no knowledge at all about the wine list or wine in general. I ordered it anyway, and it was fine.
She kept coming back to get our dinner order, and we told her we were not in a hurry. Finally, we asked what time they closed just so she might get the hint we wanted to relax.
Eventually we did order, my boyfriend got the pasta with feta and olives and tomatoes and I got the oysters with bacon and onions. We both ordered the salad.
Salads came, and they were very good. Especially liked the the croutons. Not sure I'm big on the corn as a garnish, but overall..good.
Dinners finally arrived 45 minutes later. I loved the oysters! Done perfectly, very fresh, bacon was of superior quality and portion was as expected for an appetizer. The pasta was very good, a generous portion and excellent flavor.
The reason we give this restaurant an average rating is because the atmosphere and service do not match up with the prices on the menu. Charge me $12-$15.00 for an entree instead of $22-$28.00, and I won't expect so much from the wait staff.
Given the amount of money you can spend here, this restaurant needs to hire or train there employees better. You would expect some "class" at these prices.
The food was very good, my compliments to the chef..but more attention needs to be paid to the front of the house.
We probably won't be back.