“Great location, super Friendly staff but the rest, pretty poor quality”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Ok, the good: Free Wi-Fi, great location to the University, great staff, friendly, late check in and free continental breakfast. The bad: second floor room up old. crickety stairs with some poor maintenance and cigarette cans on outdoor tables outside. The worse: Thin, crispy towels, meager rooms, weird odor, noisy air conditioning. I can say that I've stayed at worse locations as they did have in room refrigerators and a flat screen but other than that, I wasn't very comfortable. The stairs going up to the second floor in our block of units was pretty treacherous and with heavy luggage, it wasn't easy. If we had our elderly parents with us, there is no way they would have been able to climb the stairs up to the room(s).

Room Tip: Try another motel in the area.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 April 2017

New owners new place, I think this place is going to be amazing in the summer, beautiful grounds, wonderful staff and clean rooms...You can't get any better then that, easy to find and plenty of eating establishments from pizzas, to a sit down meal with cocktails. I can't wait to take the kids because I found out they have a pool and hot tub wasn't open when I was there but they said it would be open in June.

Room Tip: Stay in the courtyard with the fountain.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Ash A, Public Relations Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Worldtraveler485, we appreciate your feedback! Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to accommodate you and your family in the future!

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Yes, had the opportunity in staying at Village Inn last weekend (March 18, 2017), though it was just for a one night stay, it was very convenient to where I was going. Front staff very accommodating in allowing me to check in 'early' and I really appreciated that. The bed was very comfortable and the 'hot' popcorn was a nice treat to end the evening. I know if I would need to return back to the Springfield area, I would return....thank you again.

Stayed: March 2017
Ash A, Public Relations Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Shayla,
We appreciate your feedback and hope you will choose us again for your next visit to Springfield. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

This is a no-nonsense hotel that is very comfortable, quiet, warm with friendly service! I would recommend it to anyone who does not require perfection and a newly built facility. This is an older hotel which shows it's age but this is NOT a negative quality!! WARNING: The adjacent restaurant is closed currently for renovations!!! So if you are reading previous comments about a breakfast voucher, this is not happening right now! Otherwise head over to THE BUSY BEE for breakfast!!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
MohawkVillage, Public Relations Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Leslie,
We appreciate your feedback and are happy you enjoyed your stay. We are currently in the process of a major remodel and plan to reopen the restaurant later this year. We hope you will choose us again for your next visit to Springfield!

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

It's better than a motel 6 by far. But it is old, I know some rooms are updated but mine was not. I am use to holiday inn express, courtyard suites, Hampton inns, etc but this is where my job placed me. Staff was great, but the rooms felt very old but with updated flat screens, furniture, etc. Although they should completely update all the rooms before advertising the updated rooms...still not terrible, but not great.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
4.2 km away
Comfort Suites Eugene
#15 of 38 in Eugene
4.5 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!