All reviews continental breakfast small restaurant an older property would stay here again expressway
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel is dated but a fantastic place to stay. The bed was as good as any I have slept in. The room was clean and comfortable. It was a great place for my headquarters as I worked in the Eugene-Springfield area. The manager was exceptional. The nearby restaurant and bar was a real asset with a major grocery store nearby. I can't wait to return!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Siobhan C, General Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2016

Thank you so much for staying with us Rob. It was truly a pleasure having you in house. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Good location. Clean room. Friday and Saturday of a three day stay did not receive maid service. Do not disturb sign was not displayed. Had to stop by front desk to pick up clean towels. Employees were nice and friendly. Restaurant on premises.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Siobhan C, General Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

We do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

The staff was all very friendly. The room was very clean, the queen beds very comfortable. I was happy with the room. The continental breakfast was lacklustre and nothing to write home about, but it had bagels, toast, coffee, tea, and cereal. It did the job.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank surreyenglishtutor
Siobhan C, General Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

Thank you for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 22 June 2016

We were there during Oregon's heat wave and while it was over 90 degrees outside, the room itself was actually chilly! Fine, except the air conditioning never cycled off till we actually turned it off to sleep. Place was comfortable, but older property did show signs of wear. Outdoor pool was clean and inviting but we didn't take advantage of it.
Continental breakfast was the typical juice, coffee, cold cereal variety, but there was a restaurant on site that was good and reasonably priced. Hotel also had coupons for restaurant -- both 20% off entire bill (we used it for a light dinner) or second one with choice of breakfast specials. Hotel and restaurant staff were all very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank E R
Siobhan C, General Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

We do apologize for the temperature of your room. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay with us and we hope you choose to stay with us whenever you are in the area.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

I worked at a casino, hotel (2) resort for 16 years and understand the importance of customer service and cleanliness of the property. Exhausted and lost, I checked in with my 93 year old friend at 11:15pm on the night of 5/28/16 and was informed the rate was $129.00. Being so tired from driving for hours and getting lost, we entered the room and found the floor very dirty and stained and as I slipped my sandal off, I stepped on a gold colored screw and cut my foot. Upon inspecting the floor more carefully, it was filthy. The toilet was loose, there was extensive black mold around the calking on the outside of the bathtub and the tub itself was not clean and had been patch. When I talked to the desk person Andrew the next morning about my concerns, he stated that the manager Ms Siobhan Cancel would not be in but he would relay the message. I gave him the screw I had stepped on but apparently, I should have shown him my foot. I'm sure Andrew was just doing his job but there was no apology, only, "I know the room was vacuumed". He explained that Ms. Siobhan would not be in until Tues and that was the best he could do. When I asked about AAA he stated that the AAA discount was only valid Monday thru Thursday, never on the weekends. I called on 5/31/16 and asked again to speak with the manager but once again, she was gone until Tuesday. I know the difference between good and bad service and if there was a rating for horrible customer service I would rate this property as such. If someone reads about this property, please take my word for how bad it was. By the way, they allow pets of any size to include a barking dog and heaven forbid you have pet alergies Thanks, room 110.

Room Tip: The south property was bad. They also allow pets with barking dogs and pet hair. Bad deal
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank martyjs
Siobhan C, General Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

We do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us Ms. Solt. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We will work hard to fix the issue and invite you to stay with us again.