All reviews continental breakfast small restaurant an older property would stay here again expressway
Reviewed 9 August 2016

The staff was all very friendly. The room was very clean, the queen beds very comfortable. I was happy with the room. The continental breakfast was lacklustre and nothing to write home about, but it had bagels, toast, coffee, tea, and cereal. It did the job.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank surreyenglishtutor
Siobhan C, General Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

Thank you for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 22 June 2016

We were there during Oregon's heat wave and while it was over 90 degrees outside, the room itself was actually chilly! Fine, except the air conditioning never cycled off till we actually turned it off to sleep. Place was comfortable, but older property did show signs of wear. Outdoor pool was clean and inviting but we didn't take advantage of it.
Continental breakfast was the typical juice, coffee, cold cereal variety, but there was a restaurant on site that was good and reasonably priced. Hotel also had coupons for restaurant -- both 20% off entire bill (we used it for a light dinner) or second one with choice of breakfast specials. Hotel and restaurant staff were all very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank E R
Siobhan C, General Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

We do apologize for the temperature of your room. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay with us and we hope you choose to stay with us whenever you are in the area.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

I worked at a casino, hotel (2) resort for 16 years and understand the importance of customer service and cleanliness of the property. Exhausted and lost, I checked in with my 93 year old friend at 11:15pm on the night of 5/28/16 and was informed the rate was $129.00. Being so tired from driving for hours and getting lost, we entered the room and found the floor very dirty and stained and as I slipped my sandal off, I stepped on a gold colored screw and cut my foot. Upon inspecting the floor more carefully, it was filthy. The toilet was loose, there was extensive black mold around the calking on the outside of the bathtub and the tub itself was not clean and had been patch. When I talked to the desk person Andrew the next morning about my concerns, he stated that the manager Ms Siobhan Cancel would not be in but he would relay the message. I gave him the screw I had stepped on but apparently, I should have shown him my foot. I'm sure Andrew was just doing his job but there was no apology, only, "I know the room was vacuumed". He explained that Ms. Siobhan would not be in until Tues and that was the best he could do. When I asked about AAA he stated that the AAA discount was only valid Monday thru Thursday, never on the weekends. I called on 5/31/16 and asked again to speak with the manager but once again, she was gone until Tuesday. I know the difference between good and bad service and if there was a rating for horrible customer service I would rate this property as such. If someone reads about this property, please take my word for how bad it was. By the way, they allow pets of any size to include a barking dog and heaven forbid you have pet alergies Thanks, room 110.

Room Tip: The south property was bad. They also allow pets with barking dogs and pet hair. Bad deal
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank martyjs
Siobhan C, General Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

We do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us Ms. Solt. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We will work hard to fix the issue and invite you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

My mom and I stayed here 2 nights, she had a procedure down the road at Sacred Heart. It was 70$ a night, about 8 min to the hospital. Really nice courtyard area, water fountain, chairs, flowers, manicured, welcoming and very relaxing in the nice weather. Front desk guy was nice enough. Beds were comfortable, room was clean/cleaned next day. Had good bagels muffins fruit cereal for breakfast. Walls are a bit thin as we could hear next doors TV all night. Parking close to room. We had a good experience, would definitely recommend.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie R

Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

I came in thinking I was getting a discount rate I found online. Roughly $96 to $69. When I got there, there were no more room discounts available. Gave me a AAA discount, $10 per dog for two dogs (no charge for cat). Walls are paper thin. Next to stairs /vending machine - noise nightmare. Thumping upstairs is obnoxious. Room smells of old smoker stench - as a non-smoker room. I think people smoke upstairs smoke on balcony - so that's probably contributing to the smokey stench. I just talked to the someone upstairs and they said they'd try to not walk so hard. I still hear noise and them talking. The noise and smoke issues take away from desk, wardrobe w TV, microwave, fridge w freezer, vanity sink w shampoo, soap, hairdryer. Towels could be a lot softer. Shower head was good, but shower curtain was too short. Very tired from traveling, very stressed and annoyed from noise and smoke. I'll be sleeping w TV on to drown out extraneous noise. Oh, and there goes the toilet... For $100, you can do A LOT better!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Siobhan C, General Manager at Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

I do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We will work hard to fix the issue and invite you to stay with us again.