“Fantastic holiday barn”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
mattandsa...
“Fantastic holiday barn”
Reviewed 22 September 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Beautiful house with fantastic gardens and views. Friendly and helpful owners.
Close to wonderful walks and the amenities of Tavistock.

jadeagbel...
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
“Would not recommend”
Reviewed 12 June 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

Hello,
My sister and I stayed in Woodstone barn over Christmas with my husband and her family. Cottage was absolutely lovely, however, we actually checked out the day before we were supposed to (My infant neice hadn't been sleeping well) when we had got home I had realised I had left behind 2 items one skirt (The skirt I had actually worn on my wedding day in September) and a brand new shirt I had bought for Christmas. I emailed Sykes asking them to arrange postage to return the items and I would of course pay. I received no response so at the beginning of Jan I tried to call the owners of Woodstone barn to see if I could arrange the items to be returned and neither answered my calls. I asked my sister who made the booking if she would mind calling or emailing. In total myself and my sister emailed and called several times from when we left in December to march. There had been absolutely zero responses to my emails from Sykes.

My sister then received an email in May from the owners who had said that they had sent my items to a local charity shop after we hadn't responded to any of their calls and they only keep things for 3 months. My sister called the charity shop and they no longer had the items. I couldn't believe that theowners of Woodstone barn had tried to blame us for not responding to their calls when neither of us had had any missed calls or emails. My sister called Sykes and they said they had tried to get in touch with the owners no less than 6 times and my sister and I had records of our emails and of our attempts to call.

As of this moment I have had no response from Sykes. The closest I have been to speaking to someone was when I had been passed through 3 different agents to speak to Ally and on hold for 20+ mins before the line went dead. I know people may read this and think "silly c*w she shouldn't have left anything behind" and I agree! But to receive no response is so disappointing I really feel like Woodstone barn and Sykes could really care less about their customers especially to give away someone's belongings like that.

If I were you I would book one of the many other cottage options but this time I will always book through Toad Hall who always give great service.

Jade

Nicola P
“Absolutely lovely, will be visiting again! ”
Reviewed 4 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Woodstone cottage on Highertown Farm is absolutely beautiful inside and out! The rooms and beds were all spacious and each room was decorated lovely.
The kitchen has everything you need cooking and storage wise, lots of utensils, dinnerware, and even a dishwasher!
There is more than enough cupboard, cabinet, and wardrobe space throughout the cottage.
I liked that there was two living rooms, this meant if somebody did or didn't want to watch TV or play a game, you had another room to relax in.
There are 2 bathrooms, one upstairs with toilet, sink shower/bath and the other downstairs with a shower, toilet and sink. 4 large bedrooms, and a lot of extra fold out beds and a sofa bed. The kitchen had two fridges both with mini freezer compartments, and there's a further third large freezer outside in the outhouse. We found this very handy with there being 6 of us. Also in the outhouse was a washing machine and dryer.
The view was very picturesque, to add to the view was the animals of the farm. There was a few chickens and Ducks that would roam free in the garden which I thought was lovely.
Also a short walk up the garden near a barn was a large trampoline and swing set.
I definitely want to come and visit here again, we all really enjoyed our stay.

klebpt
Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
“Beautiful peaceful retreat”
Reviewed 19 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

A beautiful barn conversion finished to a very high standard set in a beautiful location. Comfortably accommodated 5 adults and 2 children. Good sized rooms, equipped with everything you could possibly need for a perfect stay. The welcoming hosts left fresh eggs, homemade scones, clotted cream and jam for our arrival. The chickens and ducks which wandered freely around the grounds kept our children entertained. There was also a trampoline and swing in a nearby field which would be great for older kids. Highly recommended - it was just a shame we had to come home!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
20 Sep 2016
We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your holiday at Woodstone Barn, thank you for taking the time to tell us about it. Those welcome goodies sound like a lovely way to help you settle in, and certainly a great way to kick off your stay! Plus, having so much on the doorstep to delight the children sounds like a bonus, especially the chickens & ducks! We will be sure to pass your compliments to the owner and hope you return soon.
Ajohnson1...
“Wonderful barn conversion”
Reviewed 14 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

Was in Devon for sad reasons, but booking this barn made it a little easier. The owners are very welcoming and friendly, the barn has been decorated to a very high standard and comfortably fits 8 people. It was in the perfect location for us, not too far from other family. Great views, and animals roaming round past the window. Will defiantly return.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing