“A unique, high desert experience”

Cowboy Dinner Tree Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Out in the middle of nowhere, near Silver Lake, OR. There are two new cabins built on the property, which should be open by summer. There are also Forest Service campgrounds nearby. The choices are steak (huge) or chicken (whole), with all the fixings, served family style in a rustic and comfortable atmosphere. If you've never been, it is definitely worth the trip off the beaten path!

1  Thank Dwight F

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We traveled five hours to eat here and worth every minute.The food was first rate from salad to desert. Our server Holly added to the great experience

1  Thank 3small
Reviewed 14 February 2018

I heard about this place from a friend in Eastern Oregon. Upon her recommendation me and 3 friends traveled to Silver Lake for a camping trip and spent one evening here. The food portions are over the top! Love the rolls and the bean soup, actually it was all amazing. I would have liked the option of a craft brew, my visit was quite a few years ago so that may have changed but it would be a nice addition. I have gone back twice after that first visit and will go any time i get the opportunity

1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 8 February 2018

This is one of my favorite places.

* If you're vegan or vegetarian STOP reading now*

Why else would I drive 5 hours for a steak. Let me tell you why. a whole chicken or a 30 oz. steak, salad, dinner rolls, corn chowder, a baked potato and strawberry shortcake. The service is wonderful, the staff delightful, the ambiance is rustic cowboy. We stayed in a cabin there, so you don't have to drive after a huge meal. The small cabin is perfect for a couple. Wood stove for heat, comfortable bed, clean cozy, romantic, QUIET & the most stars I've seen in a long time.
This is our second visit and it won't be our last. Thanx Jamie & Angel.

1  Thank Mark T
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Last summer: Best steak and chicken ever. The meat was cooked to perfection. Took home over half... Well worth the drive and money.. We will be back next summer...

2  Thank gschnaible