“Recommended to us. ”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Norma's was recommended to us by The Seashore Inn. It was not bad. The salmon, halibut, oyster and prawns were said to be fresh. We had the Captains Platter. Next time we will try it sautéed rather than deep fried. It was not bad tho. The wine was $10 per glass which is pretty steep, but was a good local wine.

Very friendly waiter. Two girls at front counter were polite but not overly welcoming. We had a good meal. Will try somewhere else next time in Seaside to compare.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,523)

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Very good restaurant. Reasonable prices. Excellent service. Food was very good. I had scallops. They were advertised in the menu as coming from northeast US, or Nova Scotia. I am from the northeast, and the city that I live in is the top scallop fishing port. The scallops were not from there, and I have never seen, or tried scallops from Nova Scotia, so I'll assume they were from there. The scallops were very tasty, and prepared well, but about half the size of sea scallops back home. Good choice of local craft beers also. Overall it's definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I stayed in Seaside for 4 days and ate at Norma's twice. They had the best calamari I've ever had. The clam chowder was also delicious. Wait staff is friendly and just the right amount of attentive. Beware, if you don't go early, you may have to wait for a table.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Norma's is in a great location, and had great food! We had calamari (which i normally don't like, but this was fantastic). We also had clam chowder, fish and chips (cod-which was the best cod of my life) and crab cakes. All fantastic. Their tarter sauce is fantastic. Id like to get the recipe. Go next door to Sea Star gelato for dessert, or while you wait for your table.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

While vacationing at our rented beach house on Netarts Bay last week, we stopped by Norma's for lunch one afternoon. While my husband enjoyed his halibut, the rest of us were very disappointed in our clam chowder lunches. I, personally, had been so looking forward to REAL, made-fresh chowder with generous chunks of clams and a fresh, rich clam flavor. Instead we all agreed that this chowder here was, flavor-wise, just on par with the canned Progresso version. We tasted lots of potatoes, but no real clam flavor. I doctored mine up with beer from my glass, but was still very disappointed.