All reviews time share three bedroom hot tubs are air hockey high pressure sales sales presentation timeshare sales recreation room sales desk bedroom unit great resort gas grill kids pool large pool full kitchen pool area beautiful property
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We have stayed at this resort at least 3 prior times. After checking in the guest is directed to the sales desk to get a parking pass. We have been to one "one hour" sales presentation in the past which lasted well over 3 hours. Don't want to do it again. We made the representative aware, but he would not stop!! We finally made our exit with him calling out to us across the lobby to come back and be rewarded for attending this presentation. We stayed in a studio (it was all that was available). It was ok for a small room. It was clean, but even with just two of us felt crowded.
The rest of the staff were courteous and polite, but we had such a negative feeling after check-out that we resolved never to return. Does this method really work?

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda K
HBischoff, Manager at WorldMark Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Linda K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Resort at Seaside. We are grateful for your visit, and we hope that you return again soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

This place is really a mixed bag – came here for a week with two elderly ladies (80's) – one of whom is very disabled and the other is my mom – I am also a senior. In spite of the fact that one of the ladies (my mom) is a loooong time timeshare owner, she is NEVER able to get a disabled/handicapped room here (maybe they don't have any).

When we arrived, we were greeted warmly and courteously (as always). We checked in easily – and then comes the hassle.... they force you to go over to the sales pitch guy in order to get your parking pass (that's obnoxious – and extremely bad customer service). It's crazy that someone who has been a member/owner for decades still has to go thru this pushy sales pitch …. it's just guaranteed to make your visit start off very uncomfortably.

Then we get to our room and it's about 85 degrees in the room... at which point you discover that this place has NO air conditioning. There's a ceiling fan and a box fan in the closet – but no air... so next you open the windows and the door to the deck – hoping to get some of that wonderful beach fresh air – but instead you get a face full of cigarette smoke coming from the neighbor's deck. Stupid us – we thought this was a non-smoking facility – but NOT!! There was non-stop smoking all around us so that EVERYTIME we opened the deck door, our room was full of smoke (YUCK). Felt totally trapped in our room – not able to enjoy the deck or the view at all.

The room itself (we had a two bedroom with a murphy bed) was very comfortable (except for the lack of cooling) and everything worked just fine. When we needed something and called the front desk, we always got very good/prompt customer service. They even have wheel chairs available when needed (which we used and greatly appreciated). The kitchen was fully stocked and a real budget saver. Because of the lack of handicapped rooms or bathrooms – None of the elders was able to take a bath/shower for the whole week (sigh).

There is a large pool – which is constantly full of children – so give up on any thought of swimming laps. No 'adults only' hours unfortunately. There are also 2 nice jacuzzi's. The pool hours are too restricted – I would have loved to have a 6 am swim – BEFORE the pool was taken over by kids – but never got to swim at all.

Seaside is a popular tourist town with things to do and the resort is extremely convenient to shopping and the beach / boardwalk.

That said – because our family has had a membership for decades, I've visited many different Worldmark facilities and this is hands-down my LEAST favorite – the others care about their customer's health, safety and happiness and are non-smoking facilities – the management at this one clearly cares about NONE of that in that they let the smokers completely WRECK the other customer's vacations. We won't be back!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Sara C, Owner Care at WorldMark Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for your review! We apologize that due to your neighbors smoking you were unable to enjoy your deck or leave your windows open. This location does have handicapped accessible units which are dependent on availability. Please let us know if we may be of assistance during any future visits.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We booked this resort last minute and it was the weekend of the eclipse. To be honest we were quite impressed on arrival it was way better than we expected. Clean rooms, full kitchen and most of the rooms have a balcony facing the ocean. My kids loved the pool and hot tub and there was lots to do in the town during the day. I would stay here again if we were visiting the area. We had a 1 bedroom apartment which had a fold down bed in the lounge for the kids, as well as a separate dining area. Not bad at all.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
HBischoff, General Manager at WorldMark Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Chezzahw,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Resort at Seaside. Our location is ideally situated along the Seaside Promenade, just steps from the wide sandy beach, and I'm pleased to hear that your family enjoyed it so much.

I hope to see you here again, where I'm confident that you will have another outstanding stay!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We occupied a 3 bedroom seaside penthouse unit. The view was outstanding. The staff and unit were as expected, excellent. Walk out of the resort directly on to the promenade. Our guests greatly enjoyed the pool and spa. Go and see what is possible.

Dear Harry G,

You have captured our property perfectly! Great service in a clean and comfortable condo, with unmatched amenities, all just steps from the Seaside Promenade and our wide sandy beach.

We are grateful that you chose our resort and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

First of all, you can't step through the front door without the sales pitch guy jumping down your throat. They redefine the meaning of the word "pushy". After that irritation, you park and walk for what seems like a mile to get to your room. Here comes the fun part.

You get to your room (ours was on the top floor) and you see that it is close to 80 degrees in there! So you look for the thermostat to turn on the AC. Oh wait, THERE ISN'T ONE!! What century are we living in?? So naturally you would think to open every window. That would be fine except then you get to spend all night listening to every single noise in the hotel and the streets below. Last, but certainly not least, having the windows all open gives you the added bonus (sarcasm) of having your unit filled with marijuana smoke from one of the neighboring units since apparently that is the only reason half of the people here are visiting Oregon.

I will say this, I am not a time share owner, nor will I ever be. We got this unit from a family member for a week. It does, however, feel like the attitude is that they've already got the time share owner under contract, why would they need to put forth any effort to make their properties better. This property felt run down and dingy. I'm glad I had this experience before I was dumb enough to buy into a time share myself, not that I ever would.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Joncall
Heather W, Owner Care at WorldMark Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for choosing WorldMark Seaside! The beauty of the Oregon coast draws a multitude of people. I am sorry if your stay did not meet your expectations. The marine air does provide respite from the heat, so I offer apologies if other guests were smoking. Best regards,