Quality Inn Seaside Oregon(Seaside)(Great Value!)
USD 153
QualityInn
USD 330
Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort(Seaside)(Great Value!)
USD 188
Seashore Inn on the Beach(Seaside)(Great Value!)
USD 278
Hotels.com
USD 200
Ebb Tide Oceanfront Inn(Seaside)(Great Value!)
USD 178
USD 172
  • Breakfast included
USD 252
Hotels.com
Lanai at the Cove(Seaside)(Great Value!)
USD 200
USD 155
All reviewsturret roombed and breakfasthomemade granolaantique furniturecookiesbreakfast is servedeach eveninglobby areawithin easy walking distancecannon beachoregon coastthere is no air conditioninga wonderful place to staythe location is perfectstayed one nightenjoyed our stayfire pit
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Just stay here. Trust me on this. So comfy and cozy, good breakfast, great ambiance.
Enjoyed it so much, I’ve already planned my next trip around it. Just splendid the whole experience was. Quiet and relaxed, and still just a block from the beach!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Taslema S, Owner at The Gilbert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

So glad to know you loved your stay with us. Appreciate your feedback. Please don't hesitate to call us to reserve your preferred room. Looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

My husband and I were excited when we first arrived at the Gilbert Inn and had high expectations given the other reviews we had read. It's a cute historic house and the staff was friendly and pleasant. We paid to stay two nights for our anniversary.

The second day we came back from a long day and I had a bad headache and just wanted to go to bed. When I pulled down the comforter I was horrified when I saw there were some drops of BLOOD on the clean bed sheets. One reason we booked this place was because it had high cleanliness ratings and I'm a germophobe. When I saw this I immediately began having a panic attack. My husband called to let the owner know that we would be checking out since that was more than I could handle. They were apologetic but didn't give us a refund for the night, which is all I wanted considering we would need to pay for another hotel now. Instead they credited $50 to us for the $200 night stay. Very disappointing considering we left because the room wasn't cleaned properly.

On another note I wouldn't recommend this place because the room was extremely noisy because the windows need to be replaced. We could hear everything outside the first night, including loud beeping from a parking garage across the street. We were up most of the night because of the noise but decided to put up with it because it was close to the beach and was a cute little house. However, the drops of blood on the sheets was my tipping point and completely unacceptable and insulting that they would still charge us for the night we didn't stay. That's just flat out poor customer service.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Taslema S, Owner at The Gilbert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear Julie, Thank you for choosing us for your anniversary getaway. Glad that you loved the house and our staff. As you mentioned we have high cleanliness ratings and our staff are trustworthy - we are really not sure on the issue you had. Our housekeeping leaves around 5 pm and we can no way rent the unused room for that night. As you left the hotel around 9 pm- we shouldn't refund any money. During checkout you didn't ask for any compensation either. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Best wishes for you.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

After checking in and going to our room, we were advised that they had put us in the wrong room and changed it. The first room was big, bright & cheery, and had a tub with a shower. The 2nd room, was quaint, but, small, very dark, and only had a claw foot tub. I had a difficult time getting in and out of tub, as I have arthritis, and I missed not having the shower. The room was extremely hot, and we could not control heat, so had to have fan going continuously, and window open. Our TV was very small, but we weren't in room that much so that was ok. The breakfast included was fine.

Room Tip: If you want a shower, do request a room that has it.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bertha41
Taslema S, Owner at The Gilbert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for the inconvenience of changing room and others. As you mentioned each room is different in the house and only one room has claw foot tub. Sorry that our front desk staff didn't ask you about it. We are in the process of upgrading the house and have changed the TVs of few rooms already :). Please call us before you make reservation and let us know if any restrictions etc. so we can provide you the best room possible. Looking forward to have you again.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

This house is timeless! So beautiful...and Seaside must have been sooo breathtaking before all the condos went up. I lived in this beautiful town 50 years ago and came back to visit. I am very glad I chose to stay here as it retains the essence of what Seaside used to be. An icon amongst the bastion of hotel eyesores now strung along the prom...it stands in defiance. The old school workmanship and hospitality of a different age. So glad I chose to stay here, and I salute this place. Seaside has changed, and I have no desire to return after seeing the corporate damage to this once ideallic town. Thank you Gilbert Inn for maintaining the old Seaside charm through it all.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Taslema S, Owner at The Gilbert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Such a lovely review! Thank you for sharing. We are glad that you enjoyed. Plan to come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

My husband and I chose this B&B for our first Valentine's weekend together as a married couple. It is a beautiful house with a historic feel and some historic decor. As others have mentioned it is unlike some traditional B&Bs we've stayed in where there are common areas for occupants to gather and spend time, and where meals have been specially prepared by the owners or a dedicated chef. The breakfast options were good but nothing special and we definitely would have preferred it to be available earlier than 8:30 am. The staff was kind and accommodating. The location is very close to the beach, shops and food. It's also right next to a large multi-level resort facility so lots of traffic and passerby noises, for those who may have noise sensitivity this may be an issue. We truly enjoyed our overnight stay at the Gilbert Inn and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this location to family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Taslema S, Owner at The Gilbert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Thank you for the feedback. Glad that you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to see you soon again!