All reviews front desk room was clean fast food place to stay indoor pool grocery store hot tub bagels hood area convenient location free breakfast mount hood parking lot taylor motel mcdonalds pet
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night on a road trip through Oregon. Nice big room and huge kingsize bed. Room looked like it was just renovated. Definitely ok, but missed a little bit of a homey feeling, there were no frames or anything ln the walls, felt a bit cold.

I think they are renovating the entire hotel, because outside they had just put on new lines in the parking lot, and the breakfast corner was undergoing renovations as well.

We had a room on the second floor, but be aware there is no elevator in the hotel. Didn’t use the indoor pool, but it looked nice.

Breakfast is like in most chain hotels in this class/price range. Good enough to get your day started, but not overly wow.

Will stay here again if ever needed a room in Sandy.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SandyOR, General Manager at Best Western Sandy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Koen,

Thank you for writing about your stay at our hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your time with us and I want to thank you for complimenting our rooms size and beds. We are currently undergoing renovations and some of the smaller things like pictures on the walls will be put back up at the appropriate time. Thank you also for your comments regarding our breakfast and our second floor be stair-access only. We work hard to make every guest happy and we greatly appreciate your feedback. I look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Sandy area so that you may experience our newly, fully renovated rooms and public areas.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We reserved two rooms at the hotel. When we checked in, they had only one room reserved. They found a second room but we were told that we could only have that room for 2 nights and then we would have to switch rooms. We then were offered a choice of a room with a king size bed and a rollaway bed or an apartment. We were told that the apartment had an alarm that would go off from time to time. All of this for $185 a night. The hotel is under renovation and the staff is highly incompetent. There are two floors but no elevator so suitcases have to be dragged up and down steps.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
SandyOR, General Manager at Best Western Sandy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Weinzinger,

Thank you for writing about your stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff, I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations and that you were unhappy with the way our staff attempted to help accommodate your need for a second room. It is the responsibility of the guest to verify the confirmations we send through email at the time of making the reservation so that there is no confusion over what was reserved. I apologize if you meant to reserve two rooms, however, your confirmation was only for one. We explained the options available to you regarding the rooms available in order to best accommodate your needs. Since we were nearly sold out each day, however, we were limited with the options we could offer. I am sorry for any inconvenience due to our second floor being stair-access only. We advertise this online and always recommend calling the hotel directly for any special requests. Our front desk staff will always offer to help with carrying luggage to your room.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we value your feedback, which we will be using to implement policies and procedures to ensure a better service to you and other guests in the future. I hope that you will stay with us again so that we may have another opportunity to give you a superior experience.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We loved the remodle. Removing all the carpet makes everything cleaner and brighter. Our room was hudge. The breakfast was excellent and always full. Wish we had more time to spend relaxing in your pool . We had a great time, see you again soon.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SandyOR, General Manager at Best Western Sandy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Dear Frank,

Thank you for writing about your stay at our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our remodeled rooms and I want to thank you for complimenting our breakfast and pool. We work hard to make every guest happy and your feedback and score of five out of five is greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit to the Sandy area.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel was wonderful with comfortable beds! Rooms were always clean, great wifi connection, clean indoor pool area, and breakfast was exceptional during our stay!!! KC at front desk was simply wonderful and extremely helpful. His recommendations of must do's during our trip were fantastic!!! It's so nice to have someone from the area give you tips on what to do and where to go so that we could enjoy our stay. They were undergoing construction in some of the rooms, but we were never inconvenienced nor heard any noise while we were in the hotel which is a BIG plus for us!!! It's located in a great spot easy access to hiking trails and Portland. Great place to stay with friendly staff and clean/comfortable rooms! We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SandyOR, General Manager at Best Western Sandy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Leticia,

Thank you for writing about your stay at our hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your time with us and I want to thank you for giving us a five out of five. Thank you also for complimenting our beds, cleanliness, WiFi, pool and breakfast. I am especially glad to hear that KC was able to enrich your experience. Thank you for complimenting him and thank you also for your understanding while we are remodeling. We work hard to make every guest happy and we greatly appreciate your feedback. I look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Sandy area.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

Room was clean and best bed ever. Breakfast was excellent. Great customer service. Taylor is wonderful and efficient at the front desk. The breakfast had a good assortment of items, the eggs were excellent.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SandyOR, General Manager at Best Western Sandy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Kali,

Thank you for writing about your stay at our hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your visit and I want to thank you for complimenting our cleanliness, beds, breakfast and customer service. Thank you also for complimenting our front desk manager. I am happy to hear that he could help enrich your experience. Your satisfaction is important to us and we value your feedback. I look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit to the Sandy area.

Bobbie W.