“Lunch”

Kim Huong Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 585 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Best banh -mi in Salem! I had the chicken banh-mi . I eat these sanwhiches everywhere i go , ive tried other places around town but this is by far the most authentic and best tasting. Service was fast . To go pork chops and sandwich only a 15 minute wait on a busy day. Nice people. Dont judge a book by its cover!

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I have eaten here many times over a couple of decades, and while the menu has changed some, and prices have crept up some, the food is always outstanding.

The vegetables are always fresh and crisp, the sauces are always mouth-watering good, and every dish is just right.

This is a family owned and operated place where the family clearlr cares about getting it right.

I have eaten at Vietnamese restaurants around the US, especially the DC area, in Europe, especially around Cologne, and while I have eaten at some other good places, and I have eaten at some way more expensive Vietnamese places, I have never eaten at one I would say is better than Kim Huong in Salem.

Always plenty of room to park, and one can easily get a good meal and not be late getting back from lunch.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We are fairly new to Salem and wanted Pho. Read some reviews about this place and decided to try it out. Food was excellent, restaurant was very clean, and the atmosphere was nice. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Obsessed with trying both the highest rated Pho restaurants in Salem, we finally took a side trip to King Huong. This did not answer my question "Which is the best?", yet it revealed a restaurant with its own strengths and weaknesses. That said, the rating reflects my conclusion that this is a very meritorious restaurant.
The broth is, to my taste, among the best I've had anywhere. Servings are generous, and the supplements (basil, bean sprouts, limes and chiles) are very comprehensive and abundant. Condiments were a bit sparse (only some diced pepper, Hoisin sauce, and soy sauce were on the table) and the pepper jar needed to be filled. Also ordered were Summer rolls with shrimp, which were both large and well-balanced. My spouse approved. Price was exceptionally competitive, well-deserving of being categorized as "Cheap Eats" even as quality was high.
Service was a bit slow and erratic: a neighboring table had a significant problem with their order, and despite a number of servers it seemed like there was a lot of standing around and tentativeness.
On the whole, I still haven't decided which is the best but am anxious to go back to Kin Huong to do further investigating.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Love the soups, grilled pork vermicelli and stuffed wings but our all time favorite are the Shrimp Rolls with the peanut sauce.