“Best kept secret!”

Kim Huong Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 616 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 23 March 2017

The Pho is somebody best ever! The atmosphere is good and it is fun by a family!
What more needs to be said! If you love Vietnamese food, you must go here!

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 15 February 2017

It started as bit of a joke, there was a year I tracked my families expense at Kim Huong compared to our bi-monthly garbage/recycling expense... I don't know if I'm proud or embarrassed we spent more at Kim Huong over the course of that year than we did on our garbage/recycling expenses.
That may have been too much information for a review, but my point is, we never pass up an opportunity to eat at Kim Huong's. I usually order their Pho, but have ventured out and tried a few other items - never have I been disappointed.
Only thing keeping it from a 5 rating, it's a bit "hole in the wall" which I think may warn off a few prospective customers - but once you're in the door, their service is great, food is delicious!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

While I have Super Pho the tie-breaking win, this restaurant is so close I have to rank it as really good. The broth, beef, noodles are always perfect. A smaller plate of bean sprouts, basil, jalapeños, and lime are provided. Better service here than elsewhere. I highly recommend it!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Arriving in Northern Salem without dinner plans, we opted to try Kim Huong Restaurant because my wife eats gluten-free and I love asian foods. We were impressed by the extensive menu of dishes that made it difficult to choose and entree. Our server was helpful in understanding our interests and helped us make the right choices. Our table was nicely set with hot tea, condiments, water, etc. Very enjoyable and very reasonable dinner experience!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 29 September 2016

This is one of the better Vietnamese restaurants I've found in Oregon in terms of both the diversity of the menu and the quality of food, all at reasonable prices. In addition to the typical rice bowls, vermicelli bowls, and soup (pho), they also have a very nice variety of diverse dishes, including hot pots, seafood dishes, stir fried items, and several others. The portions are large. Two of us shared just three things -- fresh rolls with shrimp as an appetizer, cooked pork in sauce over rice vermicelli with lettuce, basil, and cucumbers, and stir fried baby bok choi with beef. We left rather full. There are also several deserts and specials. Service was acceptable but not overly attentive, but it is the quality of the food that will bring me back here.

Date of visit: September 2016