“Took My Breath Away, Spectacular Rental Condo”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
NIC-at2Ri...
Boise, Idaho
“APPALLING - Don't believe the reviews on their website. They filter out negative reviews!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

No way in a million years will I ever do business with this company again. I read the reviews before booking and it sounded like most people had a reasonably good time. At first I received an email saying they would relocate me if the elevator being out of service was an issue and I said I would like that. But then they refused to return my voicemails and emails - several of them - for over a month. The one person I did reach on the phone assured me it was only a couple of flights but would check out what else was available and get back to me. Nope. Since the suite was #206, I assumed it was probably the second floor as she said and the website seems to indicate. Nope again. Four, count them FOUR steep floors. Unacceptable! My Mom was older and it made her stay there no fun. She didn't go to the beach once. Since the trip was FOR her after losing my Dad I am beyond angry at the lack of customer service. Not only was the elevator STILL broken after many months of being out of service it seems - judging by past reviews (obviously they have no intention of fixing it), but the customer service was APPALLING. Their website claimed the elevators were being repaired and then I was told it was only a couple of floors, as I stated. I wanted to re-book somewhere else but tried several times to call in the two months prior to our trip and received only a VM. I left messages and sent emails which were never returned. 2 or 3 different employees refused to acknowledge my email requests or respond. I was notified a week before - no time to rebook elsewhere - that the hot tub was out of service as well. After a very long hiking weekend I was very frustrated to find that out but it was too late to go elsewhere and risk losing my deposit. The kitchen was sorely lacking utensils, dishes (only 4 cups!) and had virtually no spices or anything to cook with, although they advertise that they have basic essentials. The two beds in the second room were so uncomfortable that one of us had to sleep on the couch and I considered the floor, it was so bad. The linens were also cheap and crispy. Even the complimentary soaps and shampoos smelled gross!! There were cracks and weird issues with the entire apartment and appliances and I think I've harped enough about the elevator. For a young family that likes to trek up four flights of stairs it may not be an issue, but don't let customer service trick you into thinking it will be ok and then wait until it's too late to book elsewhere to get back to you, if you are that lucky to get a response. The deck was so tiny as to be nearly useless and the TV was positioned in the way of the view instead of hung on the wall as a normal person would do. I bet it had something to do with the structure of the poorly designed and cheaply made building. The furnishings and design felt cold and sterile, like a nursing home and it echoed. There were no curtains. The thermostat would not allow you to turn up the heat and we were freezing. And someone kept stealing our parking space. I can't believe they have the audacity to ask you do to part of the cleaning and laundry after this kind of service. I would have had a better time a crappy cheap motel not even on the beach! DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Rockaway Beach is a nice town but in no way attributable to this business.
Liked least: How could I choose?
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Hipinyour...
“Go somewhere else”
Reviewed 29 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

The condo has an amazing view of the ocean and it is conveniently located on the beach. The closet doors in the master suite barely open, the unit has radiant heat if you take a shower the hot water used for a shower will reduce the room temperature in the condo and it may or may not ever warm up again. We stayed 4 days, two of them with no heat. If you choose to heat the room, you will have less hot water available for showers, dishes, etc., there is not enough hot water available to fill the tub and while taking a shower the breaker for the bathroom actually popped while running the fan. During our visit the heat in the condo was not working, three phone calls to Vacasa later still no heat in the condo. Vacasa staff is pleasant and professional but don't count on them to resolve any onsite issues for you. This rental is nice but without heat for a winter visit and limited hot water definitely not worth the cost.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Management Response
1 Jan 2015
We are very sorry to hear that you had trouble with the heat during your stay. If guests keep the heat around 70 they typically do not have issues with taking showers or running the dishwasher. Thank you!
d2n2
Spokane, Washington
“Took My Breath Away, Spectacular Rental Condo”
Reviewed 28 May 2013 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

We found this condo thru Vacasa late in the season and felt lucky we were able to reserve it on short notice for a trip with my husband's mother. The price is extremely reasonable for this upscale rental - the pictures looked too good to be true - but they were accurate. Upon arrival my Mother-In-Law was completely impressed with the elevator that opens to the unit like a penthouse suite and couldn't wait to call her friends (score one for me!). It is also pet friendly and it was my dog's first trip to the beach.

This top floor unit (#206) does not lack spectacular, breathtaking, floor to ceiling ocean views, yet faces more Northerly toward Neahkahnie Mountain, Crescent Lake Outlet and Nehalem Bay. The building curves back, gradually changing from parallel to perpendicular to the shoreline (see pictures). The larger the unit number (highest being 208), the farther North it faces, but all appear to have extensive ocean views. The basement/ground level is covered parking, which was sometimes crowded. We stayed for five nites, and part of the time there were unruly children next to us, making a lot of noise in the common stairwell. The only real downside, the doors and windows (somewhat drafty) may need to be sealed/sound-proofed so the echo of the high ceilings and concrete construction can be toned down. This could also help with maintaining a comfortable temperature in these units.

The fresh water lake outlet was interesting to walk along and its water considerably warmer than the ocean for wading. I didn't worry about my dog drinking this water, an improvement over the salt water. The beach is long and wide and sandy, great for walks, flying kites, running the dog, agate or seashell hunting. When we were there a huge (and I mean HUGE) log pile-up was pressed up to the bridge over the fresh water outlet, most likely temporary but a testament to the powerful storms that can wreak havoc on the Oregon coast. While we were there in late August the weather was great.

The interior of the unit was well appointed, with all the latest decor. The kitchen was stocked with all the utensils I would ever need for cooking but mostly we ate in Rockaway (I think the nearest grocery store was in Tillamook, but could be wrong). There should be a king size bed instead of the queen size bed in the master bedroom but actually we were quite comfortable after figuring out how everything worked. We tried to use the DVR to play a movie but someone before us had kyped the cord that connects it to the TV. We did use the Ipod dock and flat screen TV.

Now that we found it, we will try to make Nedonna Views at Manhattan Beach an annual trip sans mother-in-law. We already have #204 booked for 2013, and can't wait to go. I almost hate to share what, for now, seems to be a well kept secret. ;-)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Easy beach access to a perfect, pet-friendly, never-ending, sandy beach
Liked least: stairwell between units was noisy due to unruly children
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Hillsboro Oregon
Reviewed 8 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
kdist
Camas, WA
“I can't say enough BAD things about Nedonna Views #206- The South Hampton”
Reviewed 12 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

I can't speak more poorly of our experience at the Vacasa condos in Rockaway Beach on the Oregon Coast. First, we were called at 3:30pm (we were to check in at 4:00 and had tired kids who were sick of driving) and were told that the people before us were extremely messy and the condo wouldn't be ready until at least 4:30 or 5:00. So, we had to kill time and postpone our toddler's nap even more. Then, when we arrived and got unloaded, I went to put my toddler down on the top bunk only to find that it hadn't been made and the bed was SO rickety it was not safe for anyone. I called the management and was told the maids don't make that bed because they would have to climb up there to make it! If I wanted it made I would have to do it myself...however the ladder was missing so I couldn't! They sent over a handyman who was shocked to find that NONE of the bolts had been tightened. Some had just been pushed in the hole! When he finally left I attempted to put my toddler down again but when I went to close the drapes I noticed that the curtain rod was pulled almost completely out of the wall and if I were to touch it the whole thing would have come crashing down. So, we had to leave the curtains wide open.
I then went to use the restroom and the toilet paper holder fell off the wall into my hand. I went to the master bathroom and that toilet paper holder fell off, too! It wasn't the first time either because when I went to set the roll on the back of the tank, I found another roll wedged between the tank and the wall. When we went to fix dinner, I opened the dishwasher and found an entire load of DIRTY dishes. So, we had to wait for it to run before we would have enough plates and forks to eat. As if that weren't enough, I specifically chose a unit with wifi so one person in our party could work remotely. The wifi did not work until 24 hours into our stay causing him to lose out on crucial dealings.
I spent a lot of time on the phone with various managers at Vacasa and had to leave multiple messages over long spans of time before they would return my calls. The night manager agreed that I deserved some sort of partial refund and said that she would contact me with what it would be before the weekend was over. However, when I got the phone call from a different manager, she said the best she could offer me would be a 10% discount on a future stay. I can assure you...I am MOST DEFINITELY NOT staying at a Vacasa property again and I urge you to think twice before you do, as well! The only reason I am giving them one star is because it's the lowest rating possible and the condo DID have a beachfront location.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The beachfront location.
Liked least: Everything else!
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?

Travellers are raving about these Rockaway Beach hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing